Ram question?

guys i wana buy a 2gb ram.....which is best??

i already have a 1gb ram which is 667mhz bus

if i buy 2gb ram of 800mhz bus then will these both work together and will it effect the performance of either of them?>>

and my motherboard has only 667 bus so if install a 800mhz bus speed ram then will it work with my mother board???

^ As far as I know, one can not use two RAMs having different bus frequencies with one motherboard. I think your motherboard is not going to support 800MHz RAM. Grab another one with same bus frequency :)

It mainly depends upon the motherboard

Check the specification of your motherboard and see what maximum ram it supports

Mainly, motherboards supports of a maximum of 4gb of ram

but if your motherboard does not support 800mhz bus speed, then I dun think it will work effectively

@ Prince ShoukaT

I hear mix stories of success when trying to use 800Mhz RAM in a motherboard that only support up to 667Mhz.

I tried myself but my Asus motherboard (that can use only up to 667Mhz RAM) didn't accepted 800Mhz RAM :(

However, I'll not suggest you to mix two different speed RAM modules on same motherboard (even if your motherboard support/accept 800Mhz RAM). Results can be unpredictable.

Sell that 667Mhz or exchange it with new 800Mhz RAM. In that way, both of your RAM modules will be 800Mhz.

Do update us with your experiment and what are the results. So that we can learn from your experiences :)

i guess i now need to sell my mother board and buy a new one b4 getting a ram.......

btw what is that "Prince ShoukaT" thingi......

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

btw what is that “Prince ShoukaT” thingi…
[/quote]

Don’t mind it. For us you are nothing less than prince.

Well actually, I have a friend of my college days, he is now in Australia. We used to call him Prince Shoukat. We all friends use to gather in his home to eat parathay. His mom used to make great allo wale parathay. May Allah rest her soul.

Don’t mind it. :)

^^

i dont know y there is something in me that causes me to never mind of anyone whose calls me different names

whatever i never minded... and will never...

lets not derail the topic and stick to it......

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

guys i wana buy a 2gb ram…which is best??

i already have a 1gb ram which is 667mhz bus

if i buy 2gb ram of 800mhz bus then will these both work together and will it effect the performance of either of them?>>

and my motherboard has only 667 bus so if install a 800mhz bus speed ram then will it work with my mother board???

[/quote]

bro ur board doesnt support 800mhz so dont go for it…if it wud hav support 800mhz n running one module of 667 n other one of 800mhz then both wil run at 667mhz…so just go for 667mhz

If u install 800Mhz ram with 667Mhz ram then all the rams would work at 667Mhz speed. Secondly as ur mobo supports only 667Mhz then 800Mhz ram will also run at 667.

Go for corsair 667Mhz rams as 800Mhz has not got much of a use coz 667 is enough untill and unless u r going for a very heavy overclock. Don't change ur mobo only to upgrade ram as there is no significant difference between 667 and 800 rams.

actually guys i was going to buy 800mhz ram vuz if i upgrade my mobo in furure then my ram wud work faster.......

Let me tell u one thing 667 bus ram is enough for 1333 Mhz bus processor so 800MHz won't take u anywhere beyond the performance of 667. I think u shoud get another 667 bus ram and run them in dual channel that's gonna be way enough.

Your board will automatically under clock the 800 ram to 667.

Different memory sticks also cause system instability/errors etc.