Ram question

this question has bugged me so far till now! i have gooled alot and find that yes you can.

q: can i use 800 and 667 ram on mb which either supports 400 or 667mhz?

i wanna buy 800 one and put it into 400. i know you have discussed and and some guy said yes go for it! and i wanna go for it cuz its cheap plus in future i can take them off and put into new motherboard. what do you say. i am not going for 667 :D directly 800. now galaxy doesnt show corsair 800 rams (i like Corsair.) still i aint getting kingston whatever happens.

and btw can i get bigger rams than 800 and put them in 400 :D i know its toooo much but can i? I LOVE RAMS LOL

Yes if MoBo supports it then you can use a higher BUS speed RAM. Not only that you can use two different BUS speed RAMs like if you have 2 GB RAM then 1 GB may be 667 and other 1 GB 800. But in this case the 800 one will work at a speed of 667.

yes like if my (sucky) mobo uses 400 ones and i put one 1gB 400 and other 1gB 800 then the 800 one will clock itself down to 400? and if i use one 667 and put one 800 in then they both will be clocked down to 400 isnt it? cuz my mobo isn't up to support the 667.

reason 1: they are cheaper than 400.

reason 2: get a new mobo and put them into it. no thinking "oh they are old technology now" coz the new faster than 800 ones are extreme plus people still are going upto 667 so 800 is just FINE.

IF your board supports DDR1 (upto 400Mhz) ram then it wont support DDR2 Ram (533,667,800 Mhz)

man no! they are ddr2! man wtf! don't give me heart attack. corsair says to put in their xms ones. ha! like i am gona waste money on this suky mobo.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yes like if my (sucky) mobo uses 400 ones and i put one 1gB 400 and other 1gB 800 then the 800 one will clock itself down to 400? and if i use one 667 and put one 800 in then they both will be clocked down to 400 isnt it? cuz my mobo isn’t up to support the 667.

reason 1: they are cheaper than 400.

reason 2: get a new mobo and put them into it. no thinking “oh they are old technology now” coz the new faster than 800 ones are extreme plus people still are going upto 667 so 800 is just FINE.

[/quote]

If your MoBo is 400 only and doesn’t support 667 then putting anything above 400 won’t work. Only if it supports 400, 667 and 800 then putting two RAMs of different bus, the higher bus RAM will work at lowest bus speed RAM present. So if one is 400 and other 667 then both will work at 400. But again this is only in case when the MoBo actually supports 400 and 667.

DDR2 even won't go inside a board that supports DDR1 because IIRC the sizes are different

Yar why don't u tell us which motherboard do u have then we can suggest u the ram to go for. Secondly saadIbrahim is right if ur board is ddr1 only then any ddr2 ram won't fit into the slot coz ddr1 and ddr2 slots are different. If ur motherboard is having ddr2 slot still you'll have to chek that what ddr2 speeds it supports. Don't buy anything before confirming otherwise it'll be waste of money for u.

if ur board only suport upto 667 then u cant put 800mhz ram in it...it will not work man :lol:

if your mobo supports 400mhz DDR ram then DDR2 ram 667 or 800 cannot be inserted into it. there is a slight difference in both the rams.

btw i never heard abt any board which only support 400mhz in ddr2 module....the least i think is 533mhz bros....any idea frm others abt my thinking???

i dont need suggestions. i have already checked corsair website in and out so many times.

ok i was wrong all the way! man! my mobo uses ddr only! #$%#! man! it uses ddr333 or ddr 400 but the thing tht made me a fool is tht both rams look alike the ddr2 and ddr.

man i have to waste money on getting ddr 400. man 1gB is as expensive as ddr2's 2gB. wtf. its wastage of my fathers money! good! (he never listens to me when i say to upgrade) only thing that will go own will be the hard drive. nothing else.

man i have to waste money on getting ddr 400. man 1gB is as expensive as ddr2’s 2gB. wtf. its wastage of my fathers money! good! (he never listens to me when i say to upgrade) only thing that will go own will be the hard drive. nothing else.
[/quote]

better change ur motherboard

dude i have to really get the ws 19" lcd.my eyes are more fukd up thn u can imagine (i can see but i already got glasses like way back and i never wore them). my father is like he doesn't care. (i am gonna screw him soon)

and 500gigs hd sata. so i aint upgrading this year.

dude i have to really get the ws 19" lcd.my eyes are more fukd up thn u can imagine (i can see but i already got glasses like way back and i never wore them). my father is like he doesn’t care. (i am gonna screw him soon)

and 500gigs hd sata. so i aint upgrading this year.

[/quote]

bro don’t discuss ur family matters here :)

:lol: JUST SAID IT.

btw this isnt any family matter. family matters are other stuff .