Quick wi-tribe review

i went by the witribe office and got the 512kbps package @ 850 which was activated in about 30 minutes. at my office i get about 1/2 bars (signal strength) and my speedtest came up with 520kbps download speed. at home i get full signal strength and the downloads are again at 520-530kbps. browsing is generally good as well, in the morning i had an issue while checking my account status on the witribe site. for whatever reason the internet connection went dead, i couldint ping anything or browse any site. and i kept getting redirected to some weird wi-tribe.net.pk survey site when i tried going to wi-tribe.pk

the customer support didn't answer the phone twice and finally i tried again a couple of hours later and they were able to quickly resolve the issue.

i'm just 3 days in but its seem like a decent service.

Dear it is simple survey from wi-tribe of its customers.

it occurs only once when u buy a new connection

Way to go for them...they are far off the pace then other isps in Pakistan.They need to expand their radius by planting as much boosters as they can to cover maximum areas...

I am using Wi Tribe as well. They advertise that , The most reliable connection but infact its highly unreliable connection. Connections drops at any time. So you cant even can trust downloading from places where there is no option of resuming. Biggest draw back is the capped limit. 5 gb is nothing. there is nothing like unlimited . Its just good for temperory use . Else The broad band DSL are way better

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am using Wi Tribe as well. They advertise that , The most reliable connection but infact its highly unreliable connection. Connections drops at any time. So you cant even can trust downloading from places where there is no option of resuming. Biggest draw back is the capped limit. 5 gb is nothing. there is nothing like unlimited . Its just good for temperory use . Else The broad band DSL are way better
[/quote]

Dear there might be some issue in your area or with signals, I am using witribe as well and even on 2 signals the connection is very reliable and get full download speed and stable connection 95% of the time. I haven’t experienced any broken download yet.

And you are right DSL is better anyway as I was also on PTCL for last 3 yrs, but for those who don’t have a clear phone line, Witibe is a good option though.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dear it is simple survey from wi-tribe of its customers.

it occurs only once when u buy a new connection

[/quote]

umm no exactly, my connection was dead, as in the network stopped responding and i couldint even ping another server. it wasn’t a simple survey. they said its a bug in their system, causes the modems configuration on their end to get messed up so they have to reset it.

its been a couple of weeks now, the service defenitly not all that great. right now im getting 30KB download speeds on the 512kbps connection

I have been using wi-tribe wimax 512kbs connection since the last one year and this is the current speed i am getting.

817895894.png

there are no disconnections which is very good, however at times it seems slow therefore I do wish the speed would be faster.

I have been using wi-tribe wimax 512kbs connection since the last one year and this is the current speed i am getting.

817895894.png

there are no disconnections which is very good, however at times it seems slow therefore I do wish the speed would be faster.

I think its all matter of poor signals, you should return your devices if weak signals in your area.

I am using it for last 4 months and found it very stable and get consistent 60Kb download speed all the time. Modem gets 2/3 signals.

for the past 4 days now i've been experiencing dirt slow internet browsing, i called their support help line and i got this idiot telling me that it has something to do with my dsl ip address :P which makes absolutely no sense, i ended up hanging up on him.

things are definitely not looking good.

@archim3des

How good is wi tribe these days?

[quote=“hawker, post:12, topic:9617”]

@archim3des

How good is wi tribe these days?

[/quote]

I am using wi-tribe for more than 7 months. Its first time (in the month of june) I am not getting full 1MB speed.

Same here, strange low speeds... even after midnight.

Whats the service like now a days, as im going to ditch ptcl for witribe as my ptcl isnt working since last two months..

Got the 512kb endless connection and overall satisfied as its very stable. but is it me or the torrent speed its giving me is not more than 10kb! and am getting the full speed.