Question to KO/mods

is there anyway that when i make a post it is only visible to members of this forum and not guests?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

is there anyway that when i make a post it is only visible to members of this forum and not guests?
[/quote]

I am not attacking or fighting but I am just wondering that why you want to do that? Why not allow guests to read this forum? Why this forum should be restricted only to registered users? Where is freedom of information? What is the purpose to restrict information from non-registered users? Why registered users are so “special” than non-registered users?

I’ll advocate on non-registered users to let them read this forum and get information as much as they can. No hard feelings, I hope :)

Fe-Aman Allah.

i absolutely agree with u on the informantion thing

i m sayin coz i have the server for tv shows movies stuff like that and its just bombarded with ppl so i want it to be restricted to ppl on this forum to reduce the load

i absolutely agree with u on the informantion thing

i m sayin coz i have the server for tv shows movies stuff like that and its just bombarded with ppl so i want it to be restricted to ppl on this forum to reduce the load

[/quote]

hmm a valid reason

don’t mention the ftp address here if anyone wants to access it will mail you to get the address

then you will be bombarded with emails i guess :D

[hide] tags mod/plugin (reply to view data) or private / password protected forums is what you're asking for.

It's not possible to make posts for registered members only at the moment. A particular forum can be set so it's not readable by guests, but I don't want to do that.

I think only registered users are allowed to email via the forum software, so you could ask everyone to email you and ask about the FTP address; that would filter out a lot of people.

I think only registered users are allowed to email via the forum software, so you could ask everyone to email you and ask about the FTP address; that would filter out a lot of people.
[/quote]

reasonable alternative…

[/quote]

i dont run an ftp server rather an http server and your right thats is what i will do

ruhaan your email address visibility is set to be private.. change it to public, please

done

try HFS file server it is very good with lots of configurable options

There are customized BB Codes available which can hide things, for example people above x number of posts or only if a member is logged in can read what is actually written inside the BB Code, maybe we can try something like that?