Question regarding AMAZON book shopping in Pakistan

1. in how many days amazon book shipment deliver in Pakistan?
  2. How to save at amazon book ?
  3. what is amazon gift card?
  4. where to get amazon book discount?
  5. why book delivery in Pakistan cost double lets say if book cost is 10$ and they count $10 more as shipment while in USA its almost few pennies.

only go through the hassle if the book is not available in pak, most of the expensive books that we saw on amazon can be found in some good places like urdu bazar (khi & lahore) slightly used in cheap prices.

[quote=“MrKamran, post:2, topic:21751”]

only go through the hassle if the book is not available in pak, most of the expensive books that we saw on amazon can be found in some good places like urdu bazar (khi & lahore) slightly used in cheap prices.

[/quote]

i checked urdu bazar ilmi book depo and ask some other shops and they asked me what ???

check library etc etc.

I found liberty books they have few books but the thing is their paper quality is newspaper and they charging same cost as its from AMAZON

Can u suggest book shop in URDU bazar where i can get amazon books easily ?

then order it from amazon, and consider few things before ordering.

1. the book weight should be less than 1 kg, above than 1 kg and sometime custom will put it on hold for un-known reason until you visit your local GPO.

2. the book parcel should have a clear label that say that it is a "book" , if you are ordering directly from amazon than it will not be a issue.

personally i never order anything from amazon directly but i only orederd few things from aliexpress.com uptill now, i will give a try to amazon myself in future.

P.S i am in karachi, and i guess from your lahore. i know few shops in karachi urdu bazar which can arrange books on need basis if someone want them but not sure about lahore urdu bazar that they will do the same.

[quote=“zainabali, post:, topic:”]

• in how many days amazon book shipment deliver in Pakistan?
  • why book delivery in Pakistan cost double lets say if book cost is 10$ and they count $10 more as shipment while in USA its almost few pennies.
[/quote]

Check these two links for the official version:

Shipping Times to the Middle East

Shipping Rates to the Middle East

Here is my personal experience:

Standard Shipping: Used a number of times. The books are usually delivered in 25-40 days if the postman is considerate. In my case, I have seen delays but have never had any problem. Although I have heard horror stories from some friends and acquaintances who have "lost" their entire consignments, or have received partial consignment with one or two items removed missing. A friend waited for almost 45 days and lodged complaint with amazon who were, in that particular case, kind enough to send another copy of the book. However, amazon usually refuses to entertain such complaints as they are not responsible for local delivery, and consignment tracking is not possible.

Expedited Shipping: Used a number of times. The books are usually delivered in around 20 days. Have never had any problems whatsoever. Is expensive but quite reliable. Again, amazon is not responsible for the local delivery which is handled by Pakistan Post, and shipments are not trackable.

Priority Courier Shipping (by FedEx/DHL): Used only once three years ago. The packet was delivered in four days. Very very reliable but it costed me an arm and a leg.The price of four books was around $240. They charged almost $90 for shipment and handling. DHL walas charged an additional amount around Rs. 2,500 in the name of some tax. Since this was something very very urgent and essential, I think that the price was worth it.

International shipment is expensive. Hence higher rates.

[quote="zainabali, post:, topic:"]
  • what is amazon gift card?
[/quote]

Someone can send you an amazon gift card (or you can purchase a gift card from stores, where available) worth X amount of money. Once you receive it, you redeem it by entering the claim code (the concept is similar to the prepaid mobile phone scratch cards). This amount is credited to your account and you can shop using this amount.

Alternatives to amazon.com in Pakistan

Since you are interested in purchasing books from amazon, it seems that you are interested in English language books. Your typical Urdu Bazar (Karachi or Lahore) bookshop may not have a good collection of English language titles as they specialize in textbooks, and books in Urdu and other Pakistani languages. Over the years, some very good options for online purchasing of English books have emerged in Pakistan. Before placing an order on amazon, I always check these first. If the books are available in Pakistan, then I avoid amazon.

I am familiar with the following. There may be million (okay, dozens) more, but I have placed online or telephonic orders, and have visited all of these physically (except for the newly opened branch of Liberty Books in Lahore), and know these to be good bookshops.

A. Bookshops that are both bricks and mortar, and also have online virtual existence:

Liberty Books [islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore]

Paramount Books [Karachi]

Readings [Lahore] <-- Used and new books

Saeed Book Bank [islamabad]

Vanguard Books [islamabad, and Lahore]

B. Online-only Bookshop:

Sadly, there is only one significant and reliable online-only bookshop that largely deals in used books. They do have new books as well, but these are fewer in numbers. The condition of the books is mentioned -- though sometimes inaccurately. Works very well for those who live in Karachi. But they do have shipping options for Lahore. Check Kitabain.com

@zainabali What about e books? I now mostly read on kindle. I purchase ebooks and sometimes download free from internet.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk