Question for student package

i currently have 4mb dsl,i have asked them to switch my connection to 1mb.

they said,i have to mail them my student id card after getting 1mb dsl.

but the thing is i am not a student :D

i am on a gap year after completing my a levels,so what if i mail them my friends id card

or something? will they really verify the location ?

Just dont mail them anything, they will provide you with dsl.Man they are just concearned with money not verification.Verification is only to show customers that how responsible we are.GOT IT<<

then how would i know that i am having student package or not?

at the end of the month pata chalay 1200 lag k aya howa hai

After dsl is installed at your home , call 1236 or 0511236 from mobile phone and ask which package r u having currently.SIMPLE.

i guess 1st u shud downgrade ur package n then tell them to offer student pack or ask 1236 how to downgrade while u need student package.

dsl is already installed @ fahad

@pari i have already asked them to downgrade my package (mentioned in the first line),for which they require 3 working days.

the thing is i want to have student package.otherwise i am going to get this dsl closed because my local isp(cable net,he uses ptcl triple play) provides me with much better deal.

i went to my nearest exchange but the people had asked me to get a bill first,ur id copy & goto blah blah exchange.so lets see..

i am going to enter my friend's detail in the student form,meri line tou nahi kaat daingay? :D

i am going to enter my email id,phone & cell number.

and will mail them his id card from back & front

nhn hoga kuch

i have been using a ptcl student package for 2 years from name of a person jo rent peh rehta tha or student tha us ny rent k ghar peh line lagwai or wo chala gya to us ghar sy mein ny line utha k apny ghar ly aya

nothing happened

still working all set

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

nhn hoga kuch

i have been using a ptcl student package for 2 years from name of a person jo rent peh rehta tha or student tha us ny rent k ghar peh line lagwai or wo chala gya to us ghar sy mein ny line utha k apny ghar ly aya

nothing happened

still working all set

[/quote]

the thing is HE WAS A STUDENT,at the time of registering;package.

and i am NOT !

i am still using regular 1mb,didn’t signup for student package.

You also have an option to shift to linkdotnet DSL from PTCL DSL. Take your friend to linkdotnet's office and show them the student card. They will provide you student package DSL within 3 or 4 days. It will cost you monthly Rs.885 and if you have your own modem than it will be Rs.735 as modem discount is Rs.150.

You also have an option to shift to linkdotnet DSL from PTCL DSL. Take your friend to linkdotnet’s office and show them the student card. They will provide you student package DSL within 3 or 4 days. It will cost you monthly Rs.885 and if you have your own modem than it will be Rs.735 as modem discount is Rs.150.
[/quote]

wow this is something new for me,but i have friends who have used linkdotnet…they say that it sucks big time.how far do you agree?

and does it has unlimited volume? i would like to stay with ptcl,but want to get student package =/

Atleast working good in Jhelum for my 3 friends and this forums member Shoukat in Gujranwala. Their customer service is awsome compared to PTCL.

Yes its unlimited.

Atleast working good in Jhelum for my 3 friends and this forums member Shoukat in Gujranwala. Their customer service is awsome compared to PTCL.

Yes its unlimited.

[/quote]

how about their billing method? will it be attached with the monthly ptcl bill or separate?

are they (ptcl & linkdotnet)affiliated with each other?

the new student method requires you to email them stamped copies of the downloaded form, you better get Linkdotnet. its 735 for all, no student requirement anymore :D

how about their billing method? will it be attached with the monthly ptcl bill or separate?

are they (ptcl & linkdotnet)affiliated with each other?

[/quote]

PTCL charges appear on regular bill and LINKdotNET sends you bill every month through courier service. No there is no affiliation except they use PTCL medium to provide you DSL!

PTCL CHARGES appear on regular bill? does that include DSL charges?

if its for 735 then way to go,but are you sure its service is way better than ptcl? i get around 130kbps downloading on ptcl

how much max speed do you get on l.net?

130KB/sec :| cool ..

@ humza8b Yeh on the regular bill.

Link's downloading is not so sharp as compared to Ptcl, you will be getting 95-110kbps if your media is good. but the browsing is very smooth, you will feel the difference when you use it yourself.

Why PTCL student package is now charged 879 before taxes, it was 839 few months ago or I am the only one charged higher??

^ You are not the only one. I'm charged 879 too.