Query regarding internet **HELP**

Guys I have a question regarding internet which is bothering me from a long time an I would like to request if anybody can explain me thoroughly!

Basically in pakistan PTCL, NTC and Wateen have the only independent infrastructure to join link with the entire world and provide facilities like INTERNET etc.. 98% other ISP's in pakistan take internet from PTCL; (Pakistan interent Exchange).

Now my questions are:

1.) From where this internet comes from?

2.) Who manages internet?

3.) Who manages Domain Name system?

4.) Who provides us IP whenever we log on to internet?

5.) Do PTCL have to buy international Bandwidth?

6.) If yes then from whom to buy n what are the bandwidth rates?

7.) How the whole networking/linking the counteries is working; how the submarine cable connects counteries and who owns submarine cable?

8.) Where is the main centre of the internet?

GUYS HELP ME!!

These questions have now really started irritating me!

Dude you irritated me by questioning these question !!! Ahhhh Never thought about it but I hear there are so many servers in USA where our all internet traffic goes too so in short USA is tracing our activity over internet. They can trace you in a minute or two. Just type the words "usama bin laden" or "Islam" And your under survilance of Fedral agencies of USA :D Cheers !! I hope my answer din't irritated you more.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[/quote]

This is a mystery :P

[/quote]

Nobody. Large companies collaborate with each other.

[/quote]

Depend on TLD (domain name). For example, if its .PK then PKNIC. Basically handle by non-profit ICANN (IANA).

[/quote]

Your ISP.

[/quote]

Yes and No. In simple words, yes.

[/quote]

Other companies and national companies. Prices are different form one to other.

7.) How the whole networking/linking the counteries is working; how the submarine cable connects counteries and who owns submarine cable?
[/quote]

Companies who lay those submarine cables own those lines. Sometime governments lay their own lines or a national company lay their lines. Sometime private/public limited companies lay lines.

[/quote]

Again, it’s a mystery! :P

“Please copy latest version of internet to floppy, including Google?” :P (An old joke)

@SataN

LoL, no it didnt irritate me more!

Btw do some research work n find credible answers!!:P;)

^^

LoL, no it didnt irritated me more!

Btw do some research work n find credible answers!!:P:wink:

[/quote]

Be my guest, Google is free to use. Do research as much you want to do.

By the way, what kind of credentials would satisfy authenticity of answers? :)

@wampyr

Dude that reply wasnt for u!

It was for me !!! Well I have some more questions for wampyr my brother :D

Tokyodrift rerally irritated me now !! I never ever I mean this thing and questions never came in my brain !! So wampyr said big companies arrange those fibers and they provide bandwith to ptcl bla bla !! so who provide them bandwith ?? If some other companies provide them bandwith too so again who provide them !! and offcourse where from internet in coming !!! There must be something like bigBOSS !!! By the way that wasn't a joke !!!

I really read a book, dn't remember the name. !!! It was about all the things hapening very strange in this world !!! Like why some people gathering all the data of evry human being exists and all !! Why every internation money transaction records at a heeadquarters in USA ?? Why all the video survillance camera companies are provided by JEWS !!! Why a secret service team gathering the finger prints of every human being and its head quarter is in Holland linked to secret services in USA !! Ahhh I'm getting scared !! Fu*k they are keeping an eye on us !! damn

@tokyodrift and satan

why do u want to knw abt internet discovery...does it serves any purpose for u guys :/

"jo honi thi wo hogai" or start shouting who invented electricy, phone, laser etc etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet :P

Guys I have a question regarding internet which is bothering me from a long time an I would like to request if anybody can explain me thoroughly!

Basically in pakistan PTCL, NTC and Wateen have the only independent infrastructure to join link with the entire world and provide facilities like INTERNET etc… 98% other ISP’s in pakistan take internet from PTCL; (Pakistan interent Exchange).

Now my questions are:

GUYS HELP ME!!

These questions have now really started irritating me!

[/quote]

1) Internet is a network of networks. There is no starting point or ending point. One thing I can tell you is that most websites are hosted in the US (its cheaper there). But you can host anywhere. US and Europe have the best prices but there is also a hosting industry in China, Malaysia, japan,turkey and India.

2) Everyone manages there own network and the connection to the outside network. ICANN and the various registries maintain control over the domain space.

3) I guess you could say that the zone files are managed by the various registries. Verisign has .com . Affilias has .info . Google their names and you’ll find out.

The root nameservers are managed by some registries and US military and govt. orgs. There are also mirrors of these servers in other countries. More info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_nameserver

4) That would be your Internet Service provider. THe ISP is given blocks of IP address by the regional internet registry. In our case it is APNIC.

5) Yes.

6) Some consortium of companies that manage one or more undersea cables.

7) See 6.

8) See 1. Also understand that the internet was designed to be distributed and decentralised. There is no center. It was designed that way by DARPA so that if the US was ever attacked at least some parts of the network would function. Special devices called routers are used to direct traffic so that if a particular route is down data packets are sent by alternative routes.

@wampyr

Dude that reply wasnt for u!

[/quote]

Oh okay, I misunderstood in a quick glance :)

So wampyr said big companies arrange those fibers and they provide bandwith to ptcl bla bla !! so who provide them bandwith ?? If some other companies provide them bandwith too so again who provide them !! and offcourse where from internet in coming !!! There must be something like bigBOSS !!! By the way that wasn’t a joke !!!
[/quote]

It’s not exactly like that. Companies collaborate with each other.

Take example of Pakistan’s internal voice-call network, for a minute forget about international calling:

There are 6 cellular (Mobilink, UFone, Telenor, Ward, Zong, Instafone) and 1 landline company (PTCL).

Now, try to imagine how Pakistan’s internal voice-call works? For a moment, even forget about land-line. How cellular calls works in Pakistan? Each company (Mobilink, UFone, Telenor, Ward, Zong, Instafone) collaborate with each other and work on the principle of “caller party pays”. That’s how internet works.

And for NSA and ECHELON, it’s all true. They do officially keep record of phone calls, emails for upto 3 to 6 months. They do translate (using parallel computers and humans) phone calls and emails. They gather all kind of digital information they can. That’s their job. Everybody has the right to take measures to protect themselves.

— Off topic — It’s not related to religion. I personally belief, there is a section of Muslim community who are “mad”. Every society has “mad” people. In our society, those “mad” people are united under many groups and worst thing is that majority of us praise them and respect them for their inhumane acts. Western call them terrorist. Killing innocent is not bravery. Suicide is Haram in every way. Cowards kills non-Muslim women and children.

There is currently a genocide happening by Muslims on Muslims in Darfur Sudan and no Muslim country is interested to stop them because Arab Muslims are killing Black Muslims. That low we are. How we expect non-Muslims to respect us? How we expect non-Muslims to trust us? How we expect non-Muslims not to watch us (we our “mad” people did 9/11)?

Anyway, we are what we are. We can try to improve our image by giving a peaceful image of Pakistan but in these days it’s getting harder and harder. But we can try :)

It was for me !!! Well I have some more questions for wampyr my brother :D

Tokyodrift rerally irritated me now !! I never ever I mean this thing and questions never came in my brain !! So wampyr said big companies arrange those fibers and they provide bandwith to ptcl bla bla !! so who provide them bandwith ?? If some other companies provide them bandwith too so again who provide them !! and offcourse where from internet in coming !!! There must be something like bigBOSS !!! By the way that wasn’t a joke !!!

I really read a book, dn’t remember the name. !!! It was about all the things hapening very strange in this world !!! Like why some people gathering all the data of evry human being exists and all !! Why every internation money transaction records at a heeadquarters in USA ?? Why all the video survillance camera companies are provided by JEWS !!! Why a secret service team gathering the finger prints of every human being and its head quarter is in Holland linked to secret services in USA !! Ahhh I’m getting scared !! Fu*k they are keeping an eye on us !! damn

[/quote]

The big brothers (Freemasons) are everywhere, watching every person and storing all the info about all humans for a unique person who will be the ultimate president of the global village

The big brothers (Freemasons) are everywhere, watching every person and storing all the info about all humans for a unique person who will be the ultimate president of the global village
[/quote]

You mean the mark, the 666, the beast, anti-christ, or in our language dajal? But Freemasons has nothing to do with it, or is it?

^u need to dig this out, Freemasons are big big part of all this

i can refer u to some Urdu material about all that if you wish so

[/quote]

Clock i m interested in what u r telling… so, just post a link or two abt what u r saying.

[/quote]

Hey thanks you took the name !!! Yeah I heard somewhere long time ago and read some books. I don’t find those articles right now but there were some articles on freemasons. Dam’n they removed. freemasons is some tanzeem in this world and all its people belive in some G which is I dont remember but the facts were really heart shacking. Free masons really control the world. And I heard bush and clinton were part of freemason community and there was also a group of people in pakistan in late 70% who were from freemason but goverment baned them. Another fact freemason community is banned in most muslim worlds. Refer to google about there evil stuff but somehow I don’t find anything right now.

@ clock

Are you talking about that urdu book of DajjaL ?? I read that too bro !!! Pretty famous nowadays.

Why is it that a united world would be a terrible situation and what is wrong with the idea of a single president for whole world. (I am in favor of united world, NO president) I don't see it happening in the near future after all why would people of any great nation like Pakistan or USA want to be on the same level as rest of the world which is filled with ignorant or evil disbelievers.

If anyone could provide me any proof (a link that proves) that Jews control all or most surveillance companies that would be great.

I heard bush and clinton were part of freemason community
[/quote]

I heard the same abt the famous Maddona as well.

[/quote]

I had already read a lot about them. Lots of books. I even read french book (by translating it through dictionary opened side-by-side) :)

Why I am going to read Urdu material where I am sure that that would be without justifiable references. Anybody can write anything about anybody but that won’t make it truth.

Brief Info:

Truth is that Freemasons is an old and secretive organization. Many learned men were and are their members. They get bad names because of their secrecy and levels for membership. This is not Jews organization. Mainly Christians are part of it.

It is also true that many renowned scientists, architects, physicians, chemists, mathematicians, artists were member of it. Some of them went to American continent and created Atlantic branch (that has no direct link to European organization). Many former USA presidents were Freemasons and of course many scientists and learned men.

In past, fictional writers and now terrorist writers portray them as some evil organization but it’s not the case. It was basically created because general public was and still is too stupid to accept scientific studies that clashes with their believes.

That’s why Jibran (the famous Muslim scientist) has to write his books in his own created code, now known as gibberish. Because so called Muslim Ulmas of his time gave Fatwa on his work to kill him. Similar to todays typical Muslim Ulmas.

Similarly in Europe, people were really angry when Galileo told them that earth is round, not flat. Vatican was so powerful that many scientists were called blasphemous and prosecuted.

That’s why learned people decided to keep their work secret and pass on to next learned generation through Freemasons organization.

By the way, by now most of us already know that there was a time when Muslims scientists were progressing and Muslim world was enjoying being leader of world (similar as today is USA and Europe). But Mullahs will not tell you, you’ll have to read impartial history books for it, and you’ll be surprise to know that it was famous Ulmas and Mullahs (especially close to or Ustad of Kings/Caliphs) of those years that put pressure on royalty to force scientists to stop progressing and discourage science subjects and encourage “researching” in Hadees and Quran.

Even today, all major Madrasas only focus on “research” in Hadees and Quran, not scientific subject. Then how we Muslims can ever progress.

We were forced in dark ages by our own Mullahs and Ulmas just because they wanted to shine their shops. They got more and more pupils (and of course more respect and money) when Muslim scientists stop recruiting pupils due to fear from prosecution as Kafir or Munkir.

Even today those fanatics have same work. Just look at the example of Swat. The first thing they did? They blew schools, stop girls to get study, stop boys to go to schools and forcefully recruited boys to their Madrasas to increase their army. Typical Muslims Mullahs. You won’t find any Urdu book who openly tell tales of our own Freemasons Origination which are Fanatic Muslim Mullahs. They are the poison, the termite, the cancer of Muslim nation. Eating us from inside form last 600+ years.

Guys we need to buy bandwidth for making connection with outer world; a website hosted outside Pakistan will utilize that international bandwidth but if a website is hosted within Pakistan an we access it; will not eat up that international bandwidth. It means it doesn't costs PTCL if we access website within our country; right??:)