Query regarding "aliexpress.com" order and shipping

I am not sure if this is the right sub-forum so please forgive me :)

I want to order arduino clone and some jumper wires etc from aliexpress.com and get them shipped to Rawalpindi. The total cost is about 30 USD. The total package wont be more than 500 grams i think.

My question are,

1. what is the approximate delivery time to pakistan?

2. how is the overall experience shopping with them?

3. do i have to worry about custom duty / tax etc on the products as they are electronic equipment?

Looking forward to response from people who have experience in shopping from aliexpress!

Thanks alot!

EDIT: I also want some info regarding hobbyking.com. Has anyone any experience shopping with them?

If tracked shipping then expect it to arrive in 10-15 days. Without tracking it could take from 20-40 days and there is a 50% chance your items gets lost.

I switched to dx.com after discovering it, found it much better.

3. do i have to worry about custom duty / tax etc on the products as they are electronic equipment?

All the vendors from China/Hong Kong mark their products as "Gifts" so it is duty/tax free.

[quote=“executionist, post:2, topic:20759”]

If tracked shipping then expect it to arrive in 10-15 days. Without tracking it could take from 20-40 days and there is a 50% chance your items gets lost.

I switched to dx.com after discovering it, found it much better.

All the vendors from China/Hong Kong mark their products as "Gifts" so it is duty/tax free.

[/quote]

well, dx.com is overall a great website but the electronic components are much expensive there as compared to aliexpress.com

Try fasttech.com for arduino stuff. Also hobbyking is reliable, $100 or more valued items are taxable. Hope this helps.

www.upsats.com has wholesale price in pakistan check this

I have already posted my experience in another forum. Stay alert from customs guys. They retained my charge controller and demanding custom duty far more than price of equipment. I preferred to surrender.

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

I order 60 usd stuff from aliexpress. It was small xbox hack kit.

Came within 15 days and no charges by customs. So I guess if packet is small then its all good to go

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

[quote=“adnan3986, post:6, topic:20759”]

I have already posted my experience in another forum. Stay alert from customs guys. They retained my charge controller and demanding custom duty far more than price of equipment. I preferred to surrender. Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

Raise the level. Show proof receipts about actual cost for correct duty.

[quote=“gttx, post:7, topic:20759”]

I order 60 usd stuff from aliexpress. It was small xbox hack kit. Came within 15 days and no charges by customs. So I guess if packet is small then its all good to go Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

hi i want to ask at which currency u paid, either in US dollar on pakistani rs??