Qubee upgradation and future expansion

It seems Qubee is upgrading their bandwidth for each channel from 5MHz to 10MHz. They are operating in the 3.4/3.5GHz whereabouts of the spectrum. Channel allocations have also been changed. And they did all this without informing the customers resulting in 2-3 days of downtime. :angry:

While talking to a CSR, it seems that they intend to offer higher speed packages (currently, their maximum offering is 2Mbps, 70GB volume) and expect announcement of new packages within the next two months. They have added more towers too. 21Mbps was hinted briefly by the rep but nothing concrete yet.

Interesting times ahead for Qubee... :)

I don't know about their 5Mhz to 10Mhz thing but yes they are offering more bandwidth now. But if you look at their FB page it is full of complaints.

maybe in islamabad for now, karachi will be next for sure, but then i am really not a fan of internet provider with capped bandwidth limits.

It'd be cool if they offered LTE devices instead of Wimax - cause the latter gives lower latencies.

On this planet only Gora people can manage Internet companies better, keep customers happy and satisfied...

Middle East South Asia Africa Internet forums are full of slow & capped discussions from these regions,

Have you ever heard an American British German Italian whining about slow or capped Internet service?

^ And sadly no Gora company is here :(

[quote=“armada, post:5, topic:21819”]

On this planet only Gora people can manage Internet companies better, keep customers happy and satisfied…

Middle East South Asia Africa Internet forums are full of slow & capped discussions from these regions,

Have you ever heard an American British German Italian whining about slow or capped Internet service?

[/quote]
Comcast. Time Warner. Talk Talk (okay, they’re cheap too).

Also, Nayatel.

There you go! Gave you the names.

[/quote]

Many many times. Most ISPs are the same wherever they are located.

On this planet only Gora people can manage Internet companies better, keep customers happy and satisfied... Middle East South Asia Africa Internet forums are full of slow & capped discussions from these regions, Have you ever heard an American British German Italian whining about slow or capped Internet service?

[/quote]

First World Countries, First World Whining.

They also whine if they are playing COD Modern Warfare and there game ping go above 5 or 10.

Despite assurances and notifications by Wateen that the Qubee merger would not affect the customers in any way, it seems few users of Wateen have been shifted to Qubee's towers, but after NAT they are still on Wateen's backend. This is irrelevant however, as last to my knowledge and experience, Qubee's towers were more saturated and this new users on them wouldn't bode well. Couple this with the tender notice of telecom equipment and UPS sale by Wateen in Karachi and Lahore, I wonder if they are going to reduce their BSs.

If I had to guess, I would say Wateen is now concentrating more on corporate Internet and ISP backhaul services, which would unfortunately affect their home consumers in one way or another.

[quote=“Asad-Ahmad, post:10, topic:21819”]

Despite assurances and notifications by Wateen that the Qubee merger would not affect the customers in any way, it seems few users of Wateen have been shifted to Qubee's towers, but after NAT they are still on Wateen's backend. This is irrelevant however, as last to my knowledge and experience, Qubee's towers were more saturated and this new users on them wouldn't bode well. Couple this with the tender notice of telecom equipment and UPS sale by Wateen in Karachi and Lahore, I wonder if they are going to reduce their BSs.

If I had to guess, I would say Wateen is now concentrating more on corporate Internet and ISP backhaul services, which would unfortunately affect their home consumers in one way or another.

[/quote]

But I heard from Wateen's sales representative that Wateen has its own "equipments" not "towers". He said when you see big white square boxes on any tower, they are Wateen's routers.

So they are using towers just to reach high, not owning the towers.

Don't know who is wrong here.

Wateen used to share Warid towers for most of their Access Points/Base Station equipment and microwave, last to my knowledge.

No improvement in package/volume offerings from Qubee yet. <_<