Q: Ufone email address usage

Ufone offers email address (0333xxxxxxx@ufone.com) to its users and email sent to this address is delivered as an SMS.

When this address is set as a "forward-to" address (e.g in Gmail or other free email services), no email is delivered to it as somehow forwarding to this address is not possible, at least for me. I am trying since couple of years to get email delivered to it.

Any help in enabling this forwarding or suggesting an email service which can forward (or exploit email rules/filters) to ufone's email address will be highly appreciated.

emails are delivered on your Ufone only if you are registered on their website. Registration process is sime and take only couple of mins.

This Email to SMS service does not support HTML emails (Rich format emails) instead it only accepts Plain Text emails.

Furthermore, any email should not be more than of 140 characters...!

Not a good idea to forward all emails, instead use it just for urgent means and short messages.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

emails are delivered on your Ufone only if you are registered on their website. Registration process is sime and take only couple of mins.

This Email to SMS service does not support HTML emails (Rich format emails) instead it only accepts Plain Text emails.

Furthermore, any email should not be more than of 140 characters…!

Not a good idea to forward all emails, instead use it just for urgent means and short messages.

[/quote]

1. I am registered on ufone.com and can receive emails sent directly to 0333xxxxxxx@ufone.com

2. HTML mail is not supported but it is delivered with the sender’s email address and subject of mail.

3. First 140 characters are delivered which give you quite an idea of what the email is about.

It is a very useful tool for email notification in the absence of GPRS when you receive very less mail.

I am following all rules i.e.

1. My ufone number is registered at ufone.com

2. The email I am doing is plain text

3. It is less than 140 characters

further I am using Microsoft Exchange Server to email. But I am getting following email from our exchange server.

Delivery is delayed to these recipients or distribution lists:

0333xxxxxxx@ufone.com

Subject: Test from USA.

This message has not yet been delivered. Microsoft Exchange will continue to try delivering the message on your behalf.

Delivery of this message will be attempted until 7/25/2009 9:21:38 AM (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Microsoft Exchange will notify you if the message can't be delivered by that time

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Ufone offers email address (0333xxxxxxx@ufone.com) to its users and email sent to this address is delivered as an SMS.

When this address is set as a “forward-to” address (e.g in Gmail or other free email services), no email is delivered to it as somehow forwarding to this address is not possible, at least for me. I am trying since couple of years to get email delivered to it.

Any help in enabling this forwarding or suggesting an email service which can forward (or exploit email rules/filters) to ufone’s email address will be highly appreciated.

[/quote]

ufone accepts only emails that arrive on your number@ufone.com with your ufone email addres in only [to] address field.

means it specifically should be your 0333xxxxxxx@ufone.com in [to] address field. other wise ufone marks it as spam and do not forward to your mobile phone as an sms.

as I could understand you also know the fact your email address doesn’t go within [to] address field when forwarded from Gmail to ufone. instead it goes with in [forward-to] field. so that is gonna be accepted for you at ufone.

when Gmail forwards an email to any other email address that arrives at Gmail. that email, through out, actually contains the same Gmail address in [to] field which was the [to] address where the email initially was sent on. this happens with any email service. and they do not let you customize this.

[to] field always contains the initial to-address where ever it is forwarded and when ever it is forwarded.

workarrounds

however you can set these parameters by your self if you are the service provider. means you own or manage the email host.

and one very simple and short trick is that. if you are a programmer. you write a code/service as an email client that interacts with your Gmail account (or any other which allows interaction with any clients) and that has to be scheduled on a predefined frequency(every 1 minute, every 1 hour, or every day, etc… what suites you) to be executed. just fetch emails from your Gmail account and send them to your ufone email account (that is not forward actually) you send these emails specifying your ufone email address in [to] address field.

@mohammad.kamran

ufone also doesn’t give email accounts to all its members. either you are registered or not. just talk to ufone helpline. most of the guys there will not be able to even understand what are you talking about. means they will not tell you or may be they even dont know this service exists or not… AFAIK

@bellskar:

The workaround you stated is probably the only solution. I think this is precisely what Telenor is doing at http://telenor.com.pk/smsemail

This service of Telenor is the only reason for my porting out to Telenor and then sticking to it despite a very horrible service in my area.

I wouldn't trust ufone for my email addresses, heard alot of cases where ufone 'employees' provide people's addresses and other information to their relatives/friends if provided with a SIM number. These guys can very well be going through you daily emails .. may be specially through the ones marked with *.@ubl.com , #.@yourBankHere.com and so on :|

These guys can very well be going through you daily emails …
[/quote]

Telenor people do go through my emails. Here is the proof where one “Omer Moeen” could only know I was on old Yahoo Mail by logging into my account:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1384/email1j.jpg

^No. "asking to switch from old to the new one" doesn't really prove that he knows what you have been using till now.

he just used a generic statement which mostly is used when an support person is trying to help and avoiding lengthy arguments. like first asking that what version he is using and what is not. this time consuming.

@AbbasJin

all is true because when it comes to Pakistan, then no body trusts.

that's why we are not able to trust any one and even not able to be trusted by any one.

I think when we'll not start trust ourselves then why others will do.

ofcourse I also prefer to think before going for these things, when I am providing confidential data to websites outside of pakistan. But I never want to provide confidentialities to the website holding in Pakistan.

we have to develop trust.

Any ways I would also not recommend using your financial/confidential email accounts with any third party not only in Pakistan (even not in the whole world). But I use some