i want to buy a Qmobile hand set Q5 ,Q4,Q3i (which one is better in these?). I need and suggestions about this brand.
Assalam O Allaikum
I own Q5, its upsides are.
- java enabled handset
- you can install java applications on the memory card, so no samsung like limited memory issue
- good sound quality
- good signal reception.
- dual sim (of course)
- internal menu is a copy of LG
- phone suit (with phonebook sync) (again lg)
- The computer detects the modem as MKTXX (again lg).
- It is trilingual (English, Arabic, Urdu).
- Have Urdu characters printed on the keyboard.
- Can find its content, using Micromax Q5 (same mobile with different brand in India) on getjar.com.
- Urdu/Arabic font rendering is not good, and sometimes you wont be able to read whats written.
- for running a java based application, only 3MB is spared, which causes a lot of problem
- Some applications which requires internet closes themselves and runs the default browser.
- Cannot allow an application to use internet without asking at least once per run.
- Installed opera 4.0 cannot be upgraded to version 5, however you can separately install 4.2
- Advanced applications like gmail, google maps are not supported, in fact, I can't run a single map application on this mobile.
- Supports Arabic Input, but the characters are not printed.
- Hard to find online content, because this device is not on the popular websites list.
The down sides of Q3 and Q4 are,
- have less ram,
- does not allow java based installations.
- Do not have Urdu/Arabic input, however you can read a sms in Urdu.
I hope that's useful for someone.