Pure PrePaid Broadband in Pakistan?

Is there any service who is providing pure prepaid packages.

Like Mobile phones , load 20 , use 20, load 50 use 50. load 100 use 100?

--

^This is because, there is no TAX on internet only.

@kashifazeem

You will soon inform us about Qubee Prepaid Packages... :)

neoclue I got it. Although I wasn't asking about tax thing but yes about prepaid for temporary use... PTCL gives Prepaid in 100 that's cool.

Shafiq , sure , when qubee will launch, I will inform you guys, right now reason for asking was different. Like wateen billing is also prepay, you load cards and it works? but As far as I know the specific amount of cards you have to load and when that reached the total amount of whole monthly fee package it starts working Unlike mobile phone prepaid where you just enter small amount and start using it.

Anyways thanks neoclue and shafiq for quick response:)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Like wateen billing is also prepay, you load cards and it works? but As far as I know the specific amount of cards you have to load and when that reached the total amount of whole monthly fee package it starts working Unlike mobile phone prepaid where you just enter small amount and start using it.
[/quote]

That is because on cellphone pre-paid packages, if you run out of the balance (credit) then it becomes one-way (you can only receive calls) for some period and then it will block incoming calls too. However, internet connection can’t be turn into “one-way”.

Secondly, I don’t care about other packages of Wateen, but unlimited usage package can’t be measured on bytes, therefore, it has to be measured on time. Giving (loading) a fix amount of money for a fix amount of time (a month) for unlimited usage package does make sense.

Furthermore, from a business point of view, collecting petty (chillar) amounts of pre-paid Rs. 20 is not going to make any profit in the end of month let alone cover the basic cost of running the business.

Moreover, from customers point of view, unlimited packages are only attractive. All other packages of internet are for kids, students, headache-gatherers or for people who-are-on-internet-just-to-say-they-are-on-internet-but-do-nothing-other-than-opening-google-and-searching-i-am-on-internet. :)

In fact a limited usage package is not bad at all. You make make out very much out of it if you are not downloading Pirated content like movies off the internet. The only thing that hurts me are the damn low speeds.

In fact a limited usage package is not bad at all. You make make out very much out of it if you are not downloading Pirated content like movies off the internet. The only thing that hurts me are the damn low speeds.
[/quote]

But there could be hundreds of things that are larger in bytes but are not pirated. For example, YouTube, games, downloading free and open-source softwares etc. :)

I watch YouTube and still live with a bandwidth cap. In fact it helps me limit the time i waste watching YouTube videos, and do some valuable stuff in real.

It's all upon personal usage i believe, you cant taunt about those who use limited packages.

I watch YouTube and still live with a bandwidth cap. In fact it helps me limit the time i waste watching YouTube videos, and do some valuable stuff in real.

It’s all upon personal usage i believe, you cant taunt about those who use limited packages.

[/quote]

Limited packages are not bad but they are “limited”. One can live with limited internet packages, if one want to, nothing wrong in it.

Well, that is kind of true that I don’t like limited internet packages because I used them for very little time (interim period only). First PTCL dialup (unlimited usage), then other dialups like NET21 (unlimited), WOL (unlimited) and few other ISPs and then to Wateen (limited package for a year and then switched to unlimited as soon as it was available). That’s span over 15+ years of internet usage.

do some valuable stuff in real.
[/quote]

May I inquire what “valuable” stuff you do in real? :) Don’t mention it, I am just kidding. :)

wah

I think it's the right time to launch prepaid broadband which gives freedom to customer to use whenever they want otherwise no charging forcefully.

Pay as you go Broadband isn't available through any ISP

Yes, It wasn't available by any ISP.

^ so Qubee is going to launch it

No it actually exists already here it is by Wateen

wateen_card.jpg

^

this way

LDN is also prepaid... =)

Dalda Banaspati will soon launch pure prepaid broadband in Pakistan so stay tuned.

Shoukat is right.

all internet is prepaid, they charge you for internet even before the new month start.

LDN is the worst

-for this month april bill they sent me email notification on 25th of march as pdf invoice

-on 27th march this disconnected my internet with their homepage asking how i want to pay the april bill

-and i manually clicked through 4 webpages about how i am going to pay the next month bill then my regular internet started.

-lets suppose i am on vacation or something and not able to manually fill out the webpage from home then i got no internet.

-starting 27th even though i paid for the running month a month before, so technically they disconnect internet service which is already paid for..............

THIRD WORLD DILEMMA..........

all internet is prepaid, they charge you for internet even before the new month start.
[/quote]

Not exactly, I pay for my wi-tribe dues at the end of the month.