Punctured my fridge from inner side

Hi All, I just accidently punctured my fridge from inner side while removing the frost. If anyone can advise me what to do now as gas has been leaked and it's not cooling anymore. I just asked the local repairman and he told me that he would repair it with welding or magic depoxy or elfy sort of thing and will fill the gas for me. But I don't need a desi (Chaloo) solution so if someone can advise me where would I go to. Fridge is from dawlance and i visited their site but there is nothing I could find about after sales services.

According to the Dawlance website (Pakistan), their service centres

in Lahore are located at these two venues:

(01) Shop #2, Ewan-e-Tijarat Road, Shadman.

Phone: 533985, 533988,

(02) Shop # 43, #44, #45 Commercial Area, Israr Centre, Block B-1, Phase-I, M.A. Jauhar Town.

Phone: 5160995

I hope this helps.

Sheikh 'Google Is Your Friend' Chilli

The same thing had happened by my sister in law too, we hired a total of 3 repairers (one by one) before selling it off, it just wouldn't get repaired permanently. So i'd suggest either selling it & buying a new (or used) one, otherwise contact dawlance through the contact numbers given by sheikh_chilli.

Best of luck.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Hi All, I just accidently punctured my fridge from inner side while removing the frost. If anyone can advise me what to do now as gas has been leaked and it’s not cooling anymore. I just asked the local repairman and he told me that he would repair it with welding or magic depoxy or elfy sort of thing and will fill the gas for me. But I don’t need a desi (Chaloo) solution so if someone can advise me where would I go to. Fridge is from dawlance and i visited their site but there is nothing I could find about after sales services.
[/quote]

did you punctured copper/metal pipes in ur fridge?

If that is the case than welding would be wise. BTW desi or professional, they are all the same. Just get someone trusted.

this thing happened to us three years ago, and all the gas was leaked when our maid was cleaning ice with a metallic scrubber,,,, we just asked a desi electrician and he fixed it with Magic depoxi and welding,,, and now its more than 3 years and our fridge is working quite fine :) yeah desi technicians rocks ;)

A piece of advise here : Never scratch the ice, take a day off for the fridge take all the things out of it, open all the doors and let the ICE melt on its own. I guess the fridges have a built in drainage system so the resulting water will drain itself out.

This process doesn't take more than 24 hrs.