Public instructed to exchange old Rs 500 note

--

Thanks for the info Imran.

Still we will have old large size 1000 notes, don't fit into wallet :(

Also I often wonder why we, as a nation, use the currency notes as our Note Pad to write phone numbers and other info, I haven't seen any other country's currency on which people have written something.

--

hmm..gud elimination step though...but there is one thing in my mind that always rings bell..although it might be a bit different then OP's topic...after all these 60Yrs we havn't designed our currency symbol. lyk $ has it euro, sterling and even Indian Rupee has its own currency symbol...whereas we are still using "Re." & "Rs."... :rolleyes:

^ Let's do a design competition on that, may be in a separate thread and submit to state bank.

BTW: Indians mention INR for their currency. Do they also have a symbol ? Many countries just write few letters for their currency, not all countries have symbols.

--

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Let’s do a design competition on that, may be in a separate thread and submit to state bank.

BTW: Indians mention INR for their currency. Do they also have a symbol ? Many countries just write few letters for their currency, not all countries have symbols.

[/quote]

They have started using a symbol i think. I have seen it in some ads. Here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg

They have started using a symbol i think. I have seen it in some ads. Here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg

[/quote]

surprisingly this was designed in 2007 and got approved last year.

surprisingly this was designed in 2007 and got approved last year.
[/quote]

It takes time to make such decisions. Don’t you see the same in our country :)

Govt is still thinking how to overcome energy crisis. They still need to come up with a road map. Implementation needs 3-5 more such governments.

--

It should be marked as: Laziness? :)
[/quote]

Too soft word to describe a crime against nation.

However this qualifies you as becoming a good diplomat :P

^ These currency notes are often used to write love letters. Phone numbers are written for girls so that they may call them, and put cold water on their hot emotions. :confused:
[/quote]

If you have been too Karachi, You will find even “Pan” marks on it basically of That black thing, I recon when a friend of mine went to lahore and he gave his note to a shopkeeper the shopkeeper said “Tum karachi wale ho” “pan affect” =D