PTT (Push to Talk) to start very Soon on UFONE

Ufone has finalized Push to talk services and it will be launcing very soon

^ source?

It will be updated on their website shorlty

have u any authentic source for that ????

i havent ever really understood what is push to talk, would anyone care to explain

its like walkie talkyyy more i dun knoww

source website is update check ufone.com for detailsss

^ good work man........

keep it up

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i havent ever really understood what is push to talk, would anyone care to explain
[/quote]

Yeah, its basically a walkie-talkie service over the cellular network. AFAIK they are one-way only, that is only one can speak at one time, while the other listens. Also, it should not cost as much as a regular call I think.

The ad is now there in TV but still I can't figure out the advantage of PTT.

http://www.ufone.com/mobpro_walkietalkie.aspx here are the details , Push to Talk has launched by UFONE

Nice service and chap as compare to voice call but how per minute will be charged information missing on website of ufone as the both way start talking and it may be paused during talk etc...

It should be more detail on website

first of all your cellphone should support PTT to be able to use this service

finally PTT launched in Pakistan with charges.

I think its free in abrod (not sure).

Thats nice,but i think for PTT use your phone should be GPRS/EDGE enable to supports this service,am i right ??

More details Push_to_talk

If your friend have another blackberry, you can use internal messenger and send voice notes as quickly as PTT works, but its a good feature specially for construction companies but would have less applications in PK.

Thats nice,but i think for PTT use your phone should be GPRS/EDGE enable to supports this service,am i right ??
[/quote]

no PTT doesnot require GPRS or EDGE. it is independent service.

the offer is not as good as it seems because u will be charged both incoming and outgoing so if u subscribe to the lowest one e.g 150 mins u are basically subscribing for only 75mins and that is not clear how they will calculate one minute coz a PTT msg can be just " hello kia ho raha hai?" and it is just 3 secs.

so it is very confusing.

finally PTT launched in Pakistan with charges.

I think its free in abrod (not sure).

[/quote]

yeah i have used it in Saudi Arabia on MOBLIY network , and they charge a fixed nominal monthly fee for that and we can use it all the month. While today i subscribed for ufone PTT , its not logging in , it is giving network error, In short i have wasted my 65 rupee on ufone . . . all the day have passed but i cant even log in to PTT , so please dnt subscribe to it

well at least a new service was introduced, a rather rare occasion for pakistani telecom, we want 3G not this stuff

PTT also needs connectivity with gprs / edge , still the edge is not connecting and i m still not able to log in to PTT , what a loser ufone is !