PTCL's 10mb DSL

Yesterday I got this much speed on PTCL 10mbhttp://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l181/yousaf465/10mb.jpg

meh just line speed.

u r on ONU?

When will people learn how to check their internet speed

I am getting 1gbps from PTCL. When i move mouse over network connection icon in task bar, it shows 1 Gbps.

LOL !! good point saad :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

’]When will people learn how to check their internet speed

I am getting 1gbps from PTCL. When i move mouse over network connection icon in task bar, it shows 1 Gbps.

[/quote]

Come on guys its was DSL connection speed not LAN speed. And it’s an error by PTCL’s DSLAM not a parallex error by me. Also I don’t use any of these method to measure speed I use the Task manger for this.

Come on guys its was DSL connection speed not LAN speed. And it’s an error by PTCL’s DSLAM not a parallex error by me. Also I don’t use any of these method to measure speed I use the Task manger for this.

[/quote]

Mr yousaf this the Sync rate with dslam this does not mean that you are getting 10mbps download speed , some time ( technically speaking ) your dslam configuration set to default by which your line can synced on any rate i mean at which rate it can support so this does not mean that you are getting that much speed :)

Mr yousaf this the Sync rate with dslam this does not mean that you are getting 10mbps download speed , some time ( technically speaking ) your dslam configuration set to default by which your line can synced on any rate i mean at which rate it can support so this does not mean that you are getting that much speed :)

[/quote]

hahahahahahha

lolz , mohahahahhahaah

:)

hahahahahahha

lolz , mohahahahhahaah

:)

[/quote]

???

???

[/quote]

lolz at 10mb !

c'mmon bro stop dreaming about 10 mb its still too far :P

It should not be too far cuz PTCL would have alot of bandwidth as compared to what they have rite now once the 4.3Tb/s link project gets completed...

but how will they provide such high speeds (10mbps) on the crappy phone lines is a question

ADSL 2+ supports I guess 26 mbps

--> And yeah some lucky people do get ~10 mbps on PTCL while they are on simple 1mbps package.....atleast they used too

cuz on some of the PTCL internet connections speed is not capped, and you get the maximum speed that ur ADSL line gets synced on

like i still get and used to get 4mbps when there was no 4mbps package....

It should not be too far cuz PTCL would have alot of bandwidth as compared to what they have rite now once the 4.3Tb/s link project gets completed…

but how will they provide such high speeds (10mbps) on the crappy phone lines is a question

ADSL 2+ supports I guess 26 mbps

–> And yeah some lucky people do get ~10 mbps on PTCL while they are on simple 1mbps package…atleast they used too

cuz on some of the PTCL internet connections speed is not capped, and you get the maximum speed that ur ADSL line gets synced on

like i still get and used to get 4mbps when there was no 4mbps package…

[/quote]

They offered almost 100 mbps on 40 years old phone line in Sweden it wasn’t ADSL but some other such as VHDSL or SDSL, so I don’t think it would be a problem.

This connection speed was one of the issue which was causing problem with my Internet connection. And PTCL’s CS asked me first to check my computer for spyware( pretty descent issue), then asked me to change my Windows ( I was thinking of that) and when they couldn’t resolve it asked me to change my Modem configuration for which they could transfer me to configuration department , whcih could kept me waiting for 40 min ( Very rapid response CS). I even tried using two different modems, but to no avail.

After 1 week of agony did they revealed that my issue was being reported as a non functioning modem ( They should have reported it as two non functioning modem) When actually the Issue was with their DSLAM.

PTCL zindbad.

u r on ONU?
[/quote]

Yes this is a big big problem. No choice on it, otherwise I could have been on LDN.