Ptcl wirless vfone

i want advice all u guys

i cannot afford dsl

i want to buy vfone is it good choice

and plz tell me it service and specially downloading speed

please tell me

i don't know about vfone but i am using worldcall wireless unlimited package for last 3/4 months...you can check this thread ..

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2443

but what i've heard vfone speed is slightly better than wc wireless and i knew it even before i got my worldcall wireless. but i only got the wc wireless coz it had postpaid unlimited package and vfone didn't........

edit::::abt speeds i already told you. my download speed is normally 16-18KBps but one of my friend got vfone and his speed is around 18-22....so there you go...

its sux very much sometime

but sometime it works fine..

windevice10,

DO NOT BUY VFONE. I REPEAT DO NOT BUY. WHY? here you go:

1. I have been suffering from "vfon wirless" for last 8 months, and it has given me many mental shocks.

2. It get disconnect frequently, some time after 5 minutes of getting connected some time after 15.

3. The supposed connection speed is 115kps, but the it gives me no more than 4-5 kbps( remember I get full signal bar, 99% of time, because ptcl tower is just 200 meters away from my home)

4 They charge around Rs.8 per hour.(though they claim Rs.6)

If you don't have option for DSL, go for world call wireless

^worldcall wireless tower is around 15000 meters away from my home and i used to get 3/4 bars out of 5 but even then my download speed was very fine around 12--14.. but after i added external antenna its speed went up upto 16--18.

and i think its the poor service of your tower coz my friend have vfone and he gets speed around 18Kb but due to 8 rs/hr (as u said) he don't use it too much.

btw enovator dsl is definitely coming. might be coming near you. You should visit exchange and inquire about it.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

3. The supposed connection speed is 115kps, but the it gives me no more than 4-5 kbps( remember I get full signal bar, 99% of time, because ptcl tower is just 200 meters away from my home)
[/quote]

are you sure you know the difference between kBps and kbps???

what is enovator DSL ?

^^haha lol..

enovator dsl is the same as mtaqne dsl.....

its a username man. he didn't have dsl availability in his area so i was telling him check his profile

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/profile.php?id=2164

windevice10,

DO NOT BUY VFONE. I REPEAT DO NOT BUY. WHY? here you go:

1. I have been suffering from “vfon wirless” for last 8 months, and it has given me many mental shocks.

2. It get disconnect frequently, some time after 5 minutes of getting connected some time after 15.

4 They charge around Rs.8 per hour.(though they claim Rs.6)

If you don’t have option for DSL, go for world call wireless

[/quote]

Yeah very much true.PTCL vwireless sucks big time,it disconnects ,they charge you more than they have stated,the damn download stucks,the download speed fluctuates between 2-4 KB/s…believe me or not download speed doesn’t depends on your set signal strength…I got 100% strength in my area.Never ever buy this cheap connection or you will suffer.Gprs is way better than by it.

Don't go for PTCL for any service except their landline, which are also damaged in most parts of the country.

what about broadband 2MB

not going good these days,

333601654.png

downloading at 16kb/sec

scr15.jpg

i use 5 to 6 hour in month browsing speed is ok but downloading speed is 20kbs no problems on my area vfone tower 13km away form my village works ok

i use 5 to 6 hour in month browsing speed is ok but downloading speed is 20kbs no problems on my area vfone tower 13km away form my village works ok
[/quote]

my downloading speed never exceeded 17 kb/sec, during peak hours it varies between 2–5

[/quote]

how much time will it take to download a 700 mb file on this speed

how much time will it take to download a 700 mb file on this speed

[/quote]

with full speed it will take approx. 1 min for 1mb

so 700min or 12 hours

with full speed it will take approx. 1 min for 1mb

so 700min or 12 hours

[/quote]

:)