Ptcl wire is old

hello.. my ptcl wire from the box is very old and dull copper material

so is it effecting my broadband speed? and if i will complaint it to PTCL will the change my wire and what will the cost? and will my speed be increased?

i am getting download speed of 90 kbps in 1 mb connection

u r getting 90 Kbps or 90KB/Sec ??? if its the latter one that speed is quite good for you n if it is 90Kbps or 11KB/Sec than go get the wire changed....consult ur line wala and give him sum money he will do it for u...!

he surely means 90kB/s

but i dont think its enuff

he shud get atleast 110kB/s

i used to get 125kB/s

there r no charges of changing they will say underground cables can not changed, but if matter is changing DP ..... or dp pairs then it is possible but ur luck will matter.

My line quality is low but no one is ready to sort out solution ..... suck ..... if nothing will work then give tea/water to lineman and get rid of 2 hours call hold .... lol

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

if nothing will work then give tea/water to lineman and get rid of 2 hours call hold … lol
[/quote]

LOL! tea water :P . I gave rs 200 to get it replaced on one of my line. On other line just went to high-ups office and i bluntly asked him how much should i have to pay to get the line replaced(that line was dead for almost 6 months ) and next day not one but 4 line man(my line man and his supervisors) showed up at my place and it was done for free.