PTCL (wingle) Fair Usage Now Unfair

So whoever had azadi package, or 2500 per month unlimited package or any UNLIMITED PACKAGE, heres "good news" for you. 75GB fair usage now reduced to 30GB.

and those have 1500 per month with 30GB , now PTCL will stop them on 20GB.

-Enjoy-

ya heard that today so sad. They even have updated their website with new limits. Also extra rs 150 will be charged per GB. I guess our bills will be 5000 6000 per month now lol. We probably have to shift to pathetic broadband now as thats the only choice left :(

[You are now chatting with Salman Ashfaq.]Salman Ashfaq :

Welcome To PTCL Online Support! How may I help you?

shafique : Its True azadi package, or 2500 per month unlimited package or any UNLIMITED PACKAGE,75GB fair usage now reduced to 30GB?

Salman Ashfaq : Yes sir data volume reduced to 30 Gb now

shafique : why you rduce i have azadi pkg my pkg reduced?

Salman Ashfaq : Yes sir all packages are reduced. this is to provide better sped

I have 3-4 wifi devices from PTCL. After this news, can you guess how many devices I'll keep? Hint: It starts with "z" and ends with "ero".

How can they use the word "unlimited"? WTF is "fair usage policy"? If you are not giving unlimited, don't ****ing use the word "unlimited". Not only that but now they are going to charge for usage over the "fair limit" instead of throttling speed. How can this be labeled "unlimited"?

That's like me saying "Hey, just pay me Rs. 100 and you can get unlimited soft drinks. Oh by the way, fair usage policy of 5 drinks applies. Additional drinks will be charged at Rs. 20/drink." How the hell is this unlimited? Isn't this just blatant false advertising? Can't they be sued for this?

[quote=“asifbaig, post:4, topic:21170”]

I have 3-4 wifi devices from PTCL. After this news, can you guess how many devices I'll keep? Hint: It starts with "z" and ends with "ero".

How can they use the word "unlimited"? WTF is "fair usage policy"? If you are not giving unlimited, don't ****ing use the word "unlimited". Not only that but now they are going to charge for usage over the "fair limit" instead of throttling speed. How can this be labeled "unlimited"?

That's like me saying "Hey, just pay me Rs. 100 and you can get unlimited soft drinks. Oh by the way, fair usage policy of 5 drinks applies. Additional drinks will be charged at Rs. 20/drink." How the hell is this unlimited? Isn't this just blatant false advertising? Can't they be sued for this?

[/quote]

Everyone is using this "unlimited" word in today's false advertising world. See mobile companies, like ufone says "daily UNLIMITED calls from U to U and PTCL, but its actually only 100 or 200 minutes allowed."

There should be laws and these companies should be sued for advertising like this.

The word "fair usage policy" should be banned in advertisement. If you are not giving unlimited services, you should not be allowed to use the word unlimited.

Just a week ago I purchased EVO 3.1mb in promotion at the time of advertisement the limit was 30GB now it is downgraded to 20GB WTF ... which son of pig in PTCL is creating these packages???

Even if that !@#$%^&*()!@ is allowed to introduce these funny/expensive package even then why these new downgrades applied to old users ????

Looks like someone is deliberately trying to malign PTCL ..... and wtf I can do with this 20GB in 1250 Rs???

If someone has links in Media he should inform them This could be a hot talk show debate that how these !@#$%^&*()!@s in PTCL are looting & bluffing poor citizens........

^ lmao I'll rather bribe the lineman every once in awhile to maintain the line but hell no to this 20GB for 1250

20GB is like driving a SLK with 5liters tanki ehhh

[quote=“khurram4m, post:7, topic:21170”]

Just a week ago I purchased EVO 3.1mb in promotion at the time of advertisement the limit was 30GB now it is downgraded to 20GB WTF ... which son of pig in PTCL is creating these packages???

Even if that MotherF**** is allowed to introduce these funny/expensive package even then why these new downgrades applied to old users ????

Looks like someone is deliberately trying to malign PTCL ..... and wtf I can do with this 20GB in 1250 Rs???

If someone has links in Media he should inform them This could be a hot talk show debate that how these MotherF****s in PTCL are looting & bluffing poor citizens........

[/quote]

You should create new thread / topic about this issue to let everyone know what's going on with PTCL's new offer.

Where is the WiredPakistan's PTCL SpokePerson?

i had the azadi package and today my speed is throtteled to 256k.....i think the 30 gb limit thingy kicked in :(

Im not continueing with this crap from now on

Guys what do you download that 30GB limit is short for you? :P

I have Wateen "Unlimited" package, I barely cross 15GB lol.

Do you download torrents or such things so much?

hd movies are 3-4 gb per movie, games 6-8gb per game and 3d movies are 3-50gb per movie…30gb is nothing and in that 30gb upload is included too

at the moment i have 5 movies of 4-6 gb on download so my 30gb quota will be up in one day.

^ hmm got it. Well, I never download any movies / songs / software / games. I just browse so many sites and watch videos on Youtube.

30GB is more than enough for me :)

[quote=“Dockash77, post:14, topic:21170”]

hd movies are 3-4 gb per movie, games 6-8gb per game and 3d movies are 3-50gb per movie.....30gb is nothing and in that 30gb upload is included too

at the moment i have 5 movies of 4-6 gb on download so my 30gb quota will be up in one day.

[/quote]

What are you using currently to meet your heavy data usage?

wingle with a 75gb limit and 8mbps ptcl broadband unlimited

[quote=“Dockash77, post:17, topic:21170”]

wingle with a 75gb limit and 8mbps ptcl broadband unlimited

[/quote]

How come u still have wingle with 75GB limit when PTCL has already reduced the quota?

[quote=“jani, post:18, topic:21170”]

How come u still have wingle with 75GB limit when PTCL has already reduced the quota?

[/quote]

upper wali post parh loya karo :P

What would be the new rate and limit of Azadi/Eid wingle package as PTCL has announced new rate of EVO WINGLE Unlimited 3200/month with limit of 50 GB ?