PTCL will soon give speeds of over 20 - 30 MB -Naveed Saeed, SEVP PTCL

I was reading an interview of Naveed Saeed, SEVP Commercial, Pakistan Telecommunications (PTCL), and came across something interesting:

"Question: Is voice the largest part of your business?

Naveed Saeed: About 40% of the revenue still comes from the voice business, although in the past few years, because of the convenience factor there has been a strong migration towards mobile phones.

For our voice business, we are focusing on small offices, SMEs, the corporate and business market. For individual home users there has been a migration from voice to data.

Data is becoming a bigger product than voice not only for our business but also globally. In terms of broadband, we have grown by more than 100% every year. We already have a great brand called Evo and soon you will see something even better, which will give speeds of over 20 to 30 MB and the ability to download high definition movies and carry out video conferencing, among other things.

Another funny thing in the interview:

"Question: Has PTCL changed as an organization?

Naveed Saeed: There has been tremendous change compared to the way this organization used to work. We have re-designated people; for example the lineman is now called the customer service representative (CSR). "

Really? I didn't know that linemen's were called CSR's now...

Full Interview at ProPakistani.pk:

"I Think Voice Business is Over", Naveed Saeed, SEVP, PTCL [interview]

omg LMAO @

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Naveed Saeed: There has been tremendous change compared to the way this organization used to work. We have re-designated people; for example the lineman is now called the customer service representative (CSR). "

[/quote]

Naveed sb spend some money on poor media.Expand this ONU across Pakistan.There are other cities except Islamabad,Lhr.Your 20 30Mbps speeds can be run on it only(ONU)... we are left with 1 Mbps on poor rotten copper lines.

Naveed sb spend some money on poor media.Expand this ONU across Pakistan.There are other cities except Islamabad,Lhr.Your 20 30Mbps speeds can be run on it only(ONU)… we are left with 1 Mbps on poor rotten copper lines.
[/quote]

koder i like yr comments

I was reading an interview of Naveed Saeed, SEVP Commercial, Pakistan Telecommunications (PTCL), and came across something interesting:

"Question: Is voice the largest part of your business?

Naveed Saeed: About 40% of the revenue still comes from the voice business, although in the past few years, because of the convenience factor there has been a strong migration towards mobile phones.

For our voice business, we are focusing on small offices, SMEs, the corporate and business market. For individual home users there has been a migration from voice to data.

Data is becoming a bigger product than voice not only for our business but also globally. In terms of broadband, we have grown by more than 100% every year. We already have a great brand called Evo and soon you will see something even better, which will give speeds of over 20 to 30 MB and the ability to download high definition movies and carry out video conferencing, among other things.

Another funny thing in the interview:

Really? I didn’t know that linemen’s were called CSR’s now…

Full Interview at ProPakistani.pk:

“I Think Voice Business is Over”, Naveed Saeed, SEVP, PTCL [interview]

[/quote]

How did you know that Mr. Naveed likes dope? :D

maybe they will give 20-30mb on wireless like rev-b 9.3mb evo :/ .. offtopic, did anyone even try that ?

^I think they will give only in EVO not on DSL...

is it in MB's or in mb's?

How will the lines support 30Mbps? lol it cant even support 4Mbps link.. stop dreaming guys :D

No kodar it can.

happened to me look in this

http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=13533&p=22

^ Most probably its utorrent bug :P 900 upload phewww.I wish I got this much download.Upload dur ki baat :P

^ Most probably its utorrent bug :P 900 upload phewww.I wish I got this much download.Upload dur ki baat :P
[/quote]

So Bram Cohen is the actual fool…?

[/quote]

i like yr comment

Faisal whos he? :P ^ usman ehhhh :P

He is the author of Bit Torrent protocol.

2 times in my internet life i got amazed

1) 2 years before with ptcl v wireless i got 250+ kB download and usually it remains at 10-15 kB ( with 115k modem how can it be possible ?) but yes it is true story and its mean modem uncaping can give us some what impossible to think ( but i did not uncaped it that time )

2nd )

i got 1.9MB upload ( yes in MBPS not in mbps ) 3 days before with 1 mb connection

2 times in my internet life i got amazed

1) 2 years before with ptcl v wireless i got 250+ kB download and usually it remains at 10-15 kB ( with 115k modem how can it be possible ?) but yes it is true story and its mean modem uncaping can give us some what impossible to think ( but i did not uncaped it that time )

2nd )

i got 1.9MB upload ( yes in MBPS not in mbps ) 3 days before with 1 mb connection

[/quote]

So you got 1900 kB/s as upload, instead of the normal 25 kB/s on a 1Mbps Connection? Meaning 15 Mbps (which is 1.9 MBPS)?

@zahid657: Vwireless can't go 250+kB/s. It's theoretically impossible with the protocol/standard being used. What software were you using to download?

What's modem uncapping?

hahah what a joke. you really think they would give you that speed cuz at the moment they are struggling with 4mb package. bye bye ptcl hello maxcom.

I saw this thread today!

WOAAAA! This is what i call bullshit!

I think Mr.Naveed Saeed was high when gave this statement. He should've been drinking all night!