PTCL WiFi modems

I need some info the the WiFi modems that PTCL are offering, had a chat with their CSR, the only useful information that he gave me was that they are offering 3 different kinds of WiFi modems costing 1500,2000,2500 respectively. Does someone have some details on the model numbers of these available modems?

do you mean this, Ptcl EVO Wifi Cloud

^ nope, I meant DSL modems, those modem + router combos

i've got the fiber home modem..its gud and came with a USB dongle too. Its free of cost for me since i'm an IPTV customer.

I'd recommend to buy TP-Links WIFI+ADSL router. Its for 2500/- and works much better than that POC PTCL modem.

I am using TPLink WR340G Wifi Router. It works great with PTCL. It is available in the market for 1800PKR (Karachi).

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i’ve got the fiber home modem…its gud and came with a USB dongle too. Its free of cost for me since i’m an IPTV customer.
[/quote]

I am also using this modem, Its good when you get it free, (IPTV customers only) but i you are going to opt for DSL only that means additional 200/month charges.

I am also using this modem, Its good when you get it free, (IPTV customers only) but i you are going to opt for DSL only that means additional 200/month charges.

[/quote]

yup…thts the only gud thing abt it… :P

yup…thts the only gud thing abt it… :P

[/quote]

But what about this Fiberhome company? I mean the software installed is same like Huawie modems.

But what about this Fiberhome company? I mean the software installed is same like Huawie modems.

[/quote]

actually they wanted to make things easier for CSRs and for unifying customers. The Huawei IOS is more simpler and user friendly then others. They customized it and added extra features to it according to hardware specification and burnt this IOS on the fiberhome modem’s chip. Now most of there newer routers have the same IOS.

Okay that explains this, I have also did a little research of mine and noticed that nearly 60% of PTCL DSL users are using EchoLife HG510a modem, where did the all SHITRO and ZTE users gone?

Some of the routers got burnt or were too old to be used any further. Most of the customers i've seen at Agerton road exchange demanded to have 4ports modem. And after the "confiker virus" got known, PTCL staff themselves discouraged the Shiro modem and exchanged the existing shiro modem without any argument.!

Some of the routers got burnt or were too old to be used any further. Most of the customers i’ve seen at Agerton road exchange demanded to have 4ports modem. And after the “confiker virus” got known, PTCL staff themselves discouraged the Shiro modem and exchanged the existing shiro modem without any argument.!
[/quote]

I remember PTCL also released a patch for it, and in some cases after installing the patch people get their modem bricked :D, i got my shitro replaced by a shitro first and then with ZTE and then with this fiber home, but i love the ZTE blue modem of all cause its booting was too fast.

i am using ZTE 821 CII

[/quote]

200 modem rental? Is that for 12 months or for as long as you have the modem? I thought they only took cash upfront if you wanted to change modems.

Its per month rent as long as you live or your modem :P

Some of the routers got burnt or were too old to be used any further. Most of the customers i’ve seen at Agerton road exchange demanded to have 4ports modem. And after the “confiker virus” got known, PTCL staff themselves discouraged the Shiro modem and exchanged the existing shiro modem without any argument.!
[/quote]

My shiro is working great even better than Aztech.

there were many tweaks to get better out of your shiro.. for better life a simple capacitor change worked for many.! otherwise if the IOS of the modem is not disturbed it works good.