PTCL Wifi allow speed limit to any computer?

i have a question : i have a PTCL wifi modem, working fine, DHCP is enabled so many devices are connected in it, my question is ... is it possible that can I bound any device to restrict the speed limit? I mean if my connection is 2MB, can I allow the speed limit of 256KB to any computer from 2MB.

Hello!

You cannot do that with the PTCL's router (you have not even provided the model number)! The best you can do with your current hardware is to check whether or not it supports QoS (sometimes QoS is included but broken) and enable it so that priorities can be assigned to different apps like browsing (http) and voip can be given higher priority over p2p downloads!

If you upgrade to better hardware that supports custom firmware like dd-wrt, openwrt, gargoyle, tomato, ... or if you decide to build your own router (mini-itx or any old pc) you can certainly apply bandwidth limits according to your needs! I have also seen some Zyxel routers giving this type of option in basic models as well under "Bandwidth Management"

If you donnot wish to upgrade and there is no QoS, then, you need to educate your users and optimize usage of p2p by enabling BW controls and lowering number of connections inside the client application!

Regards,

Ahmed Faraz

Technically, it is possible through a completely different software-only approach. But it is somewhat complex.

Bhai ap ye kam kr skty ho ahmad fraz bhai ne theek btaya ha lakin apky liy thota complicated ha ma apko simple btata hun mane b aj yehe swal pytcl help line se pucha ku k ma b ye krna chata hun iska hal ye ha k apko 1 external wifi lena hoga tplink ya tenda jo b ap dsl ki wire usmu lgao or usmy se agy wires pc ma do.usmy ap sb kr skty ho jitni marzi downloading or uploading speed ki limiy lga skty ho ap usmy 255 pcs k liy limits lga skty ho ap limits lan k liy or wifi k liy b lga skty ho router 1200 se 1350 tk ka mil jata ha mere pas ha or mane ye setings krli hui han

i have the same issue

i went to 192.168.1.1

i found there QOS but there are diff options in it like

AF12

CF11

ETC

WHICH OPTION SHOULD I CHOOSE

[quote=“falcons, post:, topic:”]

i have a question : i have a PTCL wifi modem, working fine, DHCP is enabled so many devices are connected in it, my question is ... is it possible that can I bound any device to restrict the speed limit? I mean if my connection is 2MB, can I allow the speed limit of 256KB to any computer from 2MB.

[/quote]

[quote="kmudasir, post:5, topic:20027"]

i have the same issue

i went to 192.168.1.1

i found there QOS but there are diff options in it like

AF12

CF11

ETC

WHICH OPTION SHOULD I CHOOSE

[/quote]

In ptcl devices qos not work very well sometime work sometime cause more browsing problem..............in ptcl device qos even work it will not dedicate bandwidth to some typical computer qos will only priorities different traffic..........last option upgrade your devices .... :D