PTCL Web hosting

Your thoughts guys on PTCL Web hosting and their packages.

http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentb.php?NID=165

Should one go for these or they are too expensive?

yeah it is quite expensive but if you want reliability then yeah it is not as such costly

Yeah its 2x the price of similar packages available in the market. They don't specify where the servers are located. If its US based then its very expensive but if its Pakistan based then its cheap because bandwidth is expensive in Pakistan.

Hell no! Last I had PTCL hosting, it was crap in service quality and uptime, customer service lacked severely and it was overall a very unsatisfactory experience. Go for some host abroad.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

yeah it is quite expensive but if you want reliability then yeah it is not as such costly
[/quote]

reliability? who said they are reliable?

Netfirms is offering hosting pakage better then PTCL's plan-6 for just 120$=9600, so y go to ptcl for 35K.

reliability? who said they are reliable?

[/quote]

ask to any current customer of PTCL hosting. would be better!

don't buy anything if label is Made In Pakistan :D

proud to be a good pakistani :D

don't you know..

"Unchi Dukan Pekha pakwan"

don’t buy anything if label is Made In Pakistan :D
[/quote]

this doesn’t applies on all things, some !@#$ products has still high ranking in foreign countries.

hey its too much expensive.

for relibality i am satisfied customer of nexus.net.pk they r best hosting provider ... relible, cheap, and good support staff. so no need to pay more when cheap and good companies are available. (my host hs 99.9% uptime)

I am sure ptcl will decrease hosting cost.

this doesn’t applies on all things, some !@#$ products has still high ranking in foreign countries.

[/quote]

may i know what products are those ?

hey its too much expensive.

for relibality i am satisfied customer of nexus.net.pk they r best hosting provider … relible, cheap, and good support staff. so no need to pay more when cheap and good companies are available. (my host hs 99.9% uptime)

I am sure ptcl will decrease hosting cost.

[/quote]

Hey are you the same jalpari from DP forum?

may i know what products are those ?

[/quote]

Basmati Rice, cotton and wheat are a few I can think of that rank very high. Textiles manufactured in Pakistan are also highly valued in south asian countries. Especially ladies clothes.

Not exactly high ranking but there was certainly a market for raffles motherboards in Sri Lanka.

Hey are you the same jalpari from DP forum?

[/quote]

hey! whats a matter?

One can get 10 times more than that for free with one add!

One can get 10 times more than that for free with one add!
[/quote]

are u talking about free webhosting , no matter they are reliable or not but u will get good traffic and SEO rank if u r not using paid domain. and domains are included freely along with webhosting packages.

No way I'd go for PTCL web hosting.. US or Canadian hosts rock..! They're cheaper and will even give you unlimited bandwidth.

Choose abroad, I've heard from many people that hostgator is nice. www.hostgator.com

@ptcl

I've heard from lots of people that the customer service is just like the ptcl phone services customer care, and often people who require good hosting can't afford to have their website down for a week and then, have the ptcl people take notice. Not to mention fix it in even more time.

They are insane. No one is going to buy so much expensive hosting. They prices are more than 5 times higher than many reliable hosting companies. I pay only $3 per month for 3GB space and 30GB bandwidth and with dozens of features that PTCL doesn't provide. If PTCL want to go live seriously for hosting then they must reconsider their hosting packages.