PTCL VPN Registration?

This was in the paper on 10th May. Is this for the end user or for those providing VPN services?

Count on PTA to leave many ambiguities and keep the public surrounded with ifs and whats.

Looks like you will need to call or email them to seek clarification. This ad just doesn't say much.

as per ad it seems

Any one who is running VPN service will have to register with PTA to keep it running...if not VPN will be blocked

it means all the International VPNs provider will be blocked , only few within country registered with PTA will be able to run VPN business

God bless the Internet PTA :wub:

Update: many muslim countries have recently banned and blocked VPN providers, PTA is going to follow his brothers

I am going to send them my VPS IP addressm which i also use as VPN, lets see what happens

PTA => Pain In The Bloody Arse <_<

[quote=“Myelin, post:4, topic:21099”]

I am going to send them my VPS IP addressm which i also use as VPN, lets see what happens

[/quote]

So far no response and my VPN is working fine as well.

ptcl never ceases to surprise us, i guess.

[quote=“Myelin, post:4, topic:21099”]

[/quote]

I think there is a possibility they are registering the IP addresses so they can ban them when the time comes.

[quote="executionist, post:8, topic:21099"]

I think there is a possibility they are registering the IP addresses so they can ban them when the time comes.

[/quote]  

yep thats most likely what the primary purpose is. after all they can't ban the entire vpn protocol, tons of multinationals use vpns to log in to their corporate servers.