PTCL VDSL2 20mbps connection @15K

[quote=", post:20, topic:15060"]

No news. Called PTCL, they give the same spiel about installing in 7 working days. It has been more, of course. I don’t have much hope of it getting installed anyways, as I’m pretty sure my house is to far from the nearest exchange.

[/quote]

0k We are waiting. hope they installed soon in your home and share your experience with us. Becoz on internet i don’t found any speedtest or review about this service. i hope wiredpakistan again share this service experience first on internet.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

After being sick and tired of slow internet and having tried out literally every internet service in Karachi, I decided I had enough and applied today for the PTCL’s 20mb vdsl2 package.

I figured at these prices, and with new equipment, this should work better, at least for a while. There is no cancellation charges either, so if it sucks I just loose the 10K installation fees + whatever days I used it.

What left a bad taste is PTCL’s statement about being the first to implement VDSL2 worldwide, when a quick internet search makes it clear lots of other companies launched it years before PTCL. Why needlessly lie? I mean, it is amazing that 50mbps is being offered here, there is no need to lie about being the first to make it sound even better!

PTCL’s is also selling a vdsl2 10mb package for 9,999 on their website, but on calling them I found it doesn’t actually exist, because when you sign up for that they just connect you to a regular ADSL line. That annoys me - why why why does such a large company lie needlessly to it’s customers, and why can’t they update their damn websites with correct information!

Anyways, this thread will catalogue the journey to 20mbps…

Installation cost: 10k

Monthly charges: 15K for 20mbps, with option to upgrade to 50mbps for 20k.

[/quote]

i can give you solution with ultra speed 24hours working dosent matter of your`s dead zone

contact me

0322-2660658

To be honest these are right now fair prices - i know not the best but comparing to international Companies like Verizon this is a pretty good and fair price

[quote=", post:20, topic:15060"]

No news. Called PTCL, they give the same spiel about installing in 7 working days. It has been more, of course. I don’t have much hope of it getting installed anyways, as I’m pretty sure my house is to far from the nearest exchange.

[/quote]

There was this guy firecruz, email him , may be he can help, as he helped me getting the SMART TV, i ordered that service for like 1.5 years before but nobody ever came, but after firecruz helped the man came within a week.

No news from PTCL, complained a few times, now they're saying something which I took to mean that they haven't rolled out the service in most of Karachi yet and will be doing so "very soon".

[quote=", post:25, topic:15060"]

No news from PTCL, complained a few times, now they’re saying something which I took to mean that they haven’t rolled out the service in most of Karachi yet and will be doing so “very soon”.

[/quote]

Any response now from PTCL. Is 20mbps installed?

[quote=", post:26, topic:15060"]

Any response now from PTCL. Is 20mbps installed?

[/quote]

So No one Using 20 , 50Mb?

i think so no one customer of wiredpakistan is using 20 or 50mb vdsl2 now. waiting who will be first.

that's because of they aren't VDSL to residential customers yet

[quote=“Faisal, post:29, topic:15060”]

that’s because of they aren’t VDSL to residential customers yet

[/quote]

Any news Regarding 50 Mb ?

News? like what?

Maxcom was bought by PTCL so much for consumer rights and forget about PTCL's customer services. I hope they havent charged you yet for some thing they did not install, usually its the other way around. Any how marketing campaigns in Pakistan are all about disinformation and false claims since no one is their to challenge their versions, as consumers we have very little to no knowledge of our rights. I also heard on a tv show PTCL broadband division CEO talking about being the first one to provide upto 50mb on old copper wire network so far it seems all talk.

No news so far from PTCL, despite a complaint a week to them from my end.

I finally got hold of a lineman, he confirmed that the VDSL equipment is installed in the exchange, and there is an actual, real life customer - some director of PTCL using the very first link from that exchange - this is the DHA Phase 6 one. He swore that person was getting 48MBPS. I don't believe him on the 48mbps, but I do belieive him on the VDSL rack existing in the exchange...

Anyways, he said they are not giving out connections yet due to some management issues, whatever those might be.