PTCL Upload Speed Problems

Guyz I m using PTCL DSL from 1 year in starting i was on 512KBPS package

but after some months PTCL doubled the bandwidth now i m on 1MBps connection

i m happy with the download speed weather i use accelerator or not the speed is always good.

but i m unhappy with the upload speed....

the total upload speed on 1MB connection is 28 kb/sec which is very low.....

imagine if I wanna upload 100MB file on rapidshare then i have to wait 55 minutes to upload it...

this thing is the pain.......

now if i upgrade my connection to 2 mb then offcourse my upload speed increases as well as download speed too..

but i dont wanna increase my download speed i m happy with 1MBps....

so i wanna ask is there a way to increase just the upload speed, hence the download speed will remain same....

i search google wikipedia and many sites

they say

"the upload speed is the 25% of the download speed in every DSL connection"

but there is another type of connection which is called ASYMMETRIC in which the user get upload and download speed "same"

if anybody can resolve my problem then plz come forward

the biggest problem which all of you face is the ratio problem on torrent sites, this is just becos this crappy upload speed.

thats why i m trying to increase it...

waiting for ur replies

thanks

The uploading speed you have mentioned is sufficient.. when i used to have PTCL dsl.. i was getting uploading hardly 20 kbps on 1mb .. Now i have linkdot net 2MB.. i get around 60kb/sec uploading.. Which is 512KBPS..so less than half..

The max upload speed that ptcl is offering on 4MB is 1 mb...and i had the same issue that you are facing i even had a visit to the exchange to ask them to increase my upload speed but he said that he cant as the speeds are already fixed on the packages....and i read some where that on dsl the max upload speed is around 1.5 mb and download speed is 26 mb...

the best solutions for the private tracker world is buy a seedbox that will really help in keeping up the ratio...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The max upload speed that ptcl is offering on 4MB is 1 mb…and i had the same issue that you are facing i even had a visit to the exchange to ask them to increase my upload speed but he said that he cant as the speeds are already fixed on the packages…and i read some where that on dsl the max upload speed is around 1.5 mb and download speed is 26 mb…

the best solutions for the private tracker world is buy a seedbox that will really help in keeping up the ratio…

[/quote]

but a seedbox costs :S

Upload speed on ptcl is 1/4th of the download speed. I asked the helpline and also noticed it while I changed packages..

Yeh! According to PTCL Upload speed is 1/4 of Download Speed. But i think i am lucky because my uploads are 49Kb/s Avg on 1MB :D

hmm nice @MZC

I have strange problem with my PTCL 2 MB connection since two months. My connection download speed is fine while using accelerator or normal download. But my upload speed is 9 Kbps on 2 MB. But more worst thing is when I try to upload some file, my all browsing and download speed goes down to earth. All browsing nearly stop.

Any body had same problem and what is solution for this?

Most PTCL packages for domestic users are set for 1 Mbps uplink. Even the ADSL routers provided by PTCL have lower uplink to the tune of 1 to 2 mbps. I have a conversation with one of the ptcl reps and was told that the packages beyond 20 Mbps have more uplink.