PTCL upgrading 1Mbps users without consent

Be warned, you may think its a good thing but they'll be charging more after the 'promotional period' is expired, unless user asks to remain on 1Mbps. Just came across the following on PTCL website:

"PTCL has upgraded data rate of 1 Mbps customers to 2 Mbps without any additional charges till 30th June 2011.

PTCL 1 Mbps Broadband customers can now enjoy 2 Mbps data rate at the price of 1 Mbps data rate (Rs.1,199 per month) till 30th June 2011. After the expiry of the promotional period, normal tariff of 2Mbps “Rs. 1,499” will be applicable. This promotion will not be applicable on Broadband student package."

Source: http://ptcl.com.pk/related_pages.php?pd_id=111&rp_id=163

Hope they get a danda from PTA about this. They tried to do the same for their phone packages long back.

Yep and they are being cheeky about it as well. Calling it a promotion! They know that the majority of consumers won't bother to downgrade. So they'll have increased revenue overnight!

^Exactly. Cheap tactics -_-

I'm not upgraded. I don't expect myself to get upgraded by 30th June. And when the so-called trial period is over, they'd probably charge me for 2m when I'm stuck on 1m.

PS: I don't want 2m on my connection. So for now, it makes no difference to me :P

2MB by LinkDotNet for Rs. 1,295 is a better option in my opinion. Then next upgrade is 4MB, with which PTCL has a better offer of Rs. 2,000.

This is a very cheap tactic being used by PTCL. They use the same method with Pakistan Package where they pre activated on every line without consumer's consent.

Backstabbers

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I’m not upgraded. I don’t expect myself to get upgraded by 30th June. And when the so-called trial period is over, they’d probably charge me for 2m when I’m stuck on 1m.

PS: I don’t want 2m on my connection. So for now, it makes no difference to me :P

[/quote]

haha I wrote that somewhere 3 maheenay bhi guzar jayen gay lekin upgrade nai ho ga lol

Can I avail this offer ?

I am using 1 mb student package

Please reply soon

Not applicable on "Student Packages".

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

…3 maheenay bhi guzar jayen gay lekin upgrade nai ho ga…

[/quote]

Ditto! That’s what I meant originally :P