PTCL upgrades DL packages

Daily Express reported it today that PTCL upgrades 2Mb users to 4Mb and 4Mb to 6Mb.

Is it real?

Not true AFAIK. They just ran an old advertisement blink.gif

14th of August is just a month away

they have upgraded twice before on Independence day

but it seems to good to be True

hmm...news seeems to have some worth...but i doubt its authenticity....lets see if FireCruz has to say something about it or not...

[quote=“scuzzy, post:, topic:”]

Daily Express reported it today that PTCL upgrades 2Mb users to 4Mb and 4Mb to 6Mb.

Is it real?

[/quote]

No its not real, its an year old news, look at " 8 ایم بی کی حیران کن سپیڈ " whereas ptcl now supports upto 10mbps for home users.

[quote=", post:5, topic:15034"]

No its not real, its an year old news, look at " 8 ایم بی کی حیران کن سپیڈ " whereas ptcl now supports upto 10mbps for home users.

[/quote]

and also offering upto 50 Mbps speed already. i agree strikerx that is old sotry in new plate. they already offered 1mb package upgrade to 2 mb in 25% extra charges and 4 mbps is of 2000rps. now lets see if they give 6Mbps in 2000 rps. what their site is telling about 2Mbps was previous offer that was finished on 30th june and now they are offering it again. and also check

Offer of 2Mbps for the price of 1Mbps expires on 30th JUNE, 2011

OR call 1236 to revert back to 1Mbps for Rs 1199 per month.

The New 2 Mbps data rate is offered to the customers at Rs. 1499 / month with unlimited downloads onwards 1st July the 2 Mbps Package charges are to be Rs 1499 per month.

Thanks. Maybe reporter was too lazy to verify its source.

[quote=“nvd650, post:6, topic:15034”]

and also offering upto 50 Mbps speed already. i agree strikerx that is old sotry in new plate. they already offered 1mb package upgrade to 2 mb in 25% extra charges and 4 mbps is of 2000rps. now lets see if they give 6Mbps in 2000 rps. what their site is telling about 2Mbps was previous offer that was finished on 30th june and now they are offering it again. and also check

Offer of 2Mbps for the price of 1Mbps expires on 30th JUNE, 2011

OR call 1236 to revert back to 1Mbps for Rs 1199 per month.

The New 2 Mbps data rate is offered to the customers at Rs. 1499 / month with unlimited downloads onwards 1st July the 2 Mbps Package charges are to be Rs 1499 per month.

[/quote]

and what about who are using student package already?

You can't expect anything from the current govt dude.. they are just in this for the money, so be thankful that whichever connection you have at the moment is working properly :)

[quote=", post:8, topic:15034"]

and what about who are using student package already?

[/quote]

They say that student has nothing to do with 2mb or 4mb. So student must stay at 1Mbps :D

Anyone observed that the student package price has increased from 849 to 870 Rs ..

[quote=“koder, post:11, topic:15034”]

Anyone observed that the student package price has increased from 849 to 870 Rs …

[/quote]

I never checked my office bills. Will tell you after checking.

[quote=“koder, post:11, topic:15034”]

Anyone observed that the student package price has increased from 849 to 870 Rs …

[/quote]

I am getting 870 from last two months. :mellow:

They have increased without informing us ... uffffh!

[quote=“koder, post:14, topic:15034”]

They have increased without informing us … uffffh!

[/quote]

Its an old habit of Peetcl they do that often without customer consent, they’re damn sure customers have no alternate but to stick with them no matter how they treat.

Look at their recent scam they’ve bumped up line rent from 174 to 190 Rs something in exchange of free on-net calls Sunday only! Who gives a crap about that? I know many people like me who don’t even have a telephone set attached to the line because we don’t need it but still we end up paying plethora of tax, rent and what not. I know Rs 15 is no biggie for many of us but figure how much they’re making by giving or loosing absolutely NOTHING.

I am glad that PTCL privatization is going to be fuly investigated; as reported today by some newspapers.

[quote=“scuzzy, post:16, topic:15034”]

I am glad that PTCL privatization is going to be fuly investigated; as reported today by some newspapers.

[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote=“koder, post:14, topic:15034”]

They have increased without informing us … uffffh!

[/quote]

JO Dar Gya wo Mar gya… now translate into english yourself :D

[quote=“scuzzy, post:16, topic:15034”]

[/quote]

you are going after a newspaper again

You don't have to but I do read lot of newspapers.