PTCL - Upgraded from 1 MB to 2MB

About 6 days ago i applied for upgrade of student package to 2 MB package. I called the helpline number. The customer support person told me that first i need to upgrade from student 1 Mb package to normal 1 Mb package, once this is done, i need to call back and upgrade to 2 mb then. :). What a beautiful show of red tape. Khair. So i upgraded first to 1 mb and then called up 1236 people to upgrade it to 2 Mb. A couple of days after that i called up 1236 and asked them the status and they said your connection has been upgraded to 2 MB. Now that was a surprise since i was still getting 1 MB speed. So I told him about this issue and he said that you need to complain at 1218 to resolve this issue (Another beautiful portrayal of red tape). And since then, i have been calling them everyday, they always connect me to a "senior" technical support office who says that my connection will be upgraded to 2mb soon!!! :(...Now the cherry on top of all this is that i think they have started charging me for 2 MB already since 1236 people said that my connection is upgraded a couple of days after my first request. What should i do in this situation. Any ideas?

rnathbatra you should go to your Telephone Exchange and meet with the DSL Manager and tell the whole story hope your problem will resolve :)

Yes he's right go to your exchange n tell to dsl person that upgrade your connection port ,

@ Danish and Monty

Thanks for your replies. How can i locate my exchange? Is there a list of exchanges available on PTCL website? I live near Teen Talwar, Clifton. Any ideas where my exchange would be?

^ File a complaint here and at 1218. Tell them that your port is not upgraded to 2Mbps yet. Do memorize the name of CSR and the complaint number @ 1218.

after complain they will give you a id or when you downgrade your package they much give you a REQUEST ID. Call on 1236 and know about your status. Package Upgradtion and downgradtion done by Billing department on 1236.

I have had the same issue for a very long time, I upgraded to 4MB (from 1MB Student) on 11th July but although package was updated my port was never upgraded and I did all this on helpline numbers 1236 and 1218 but after getting tired of this drama I asked for downgrade to 2MB on 6th August and guess what ? that happened in 2 days. Now the only difference was that for 2MB package I called this number 0800-80800; I registered this account only to say to try that number if you have not already did so.

[quote=", post:5, topic:15346"]

^ File a complaint here and at 1218. Tell them that your port is not upgraded to 2Mbps yet. Do memorize the name of CSR and the complaint number @ 1218.

[/quote]

Thanks MZC. I did that yesterday but still no progress. So i called them up (since i had already incurred 2 MB charges for 6 days)and downgraded it back to 1 MB. But after doing that i realised that they must have downgraded to 1MB Non Student package instead of the Student 1 Mb package which I was originally on!! So now i am being charged for Rs. 1,200 instead of Rs. 929. PTCL has never frustrated me this much! I feel like pulling my hair out. I have lost the phone number of the guy who had come at my place to install the DSL service otherwise would have called him.

[quote=“Shaun, post:7, topic:15346”]

I have had the same issue for a very long time, I upgraded to 4MB (from 1MB Student) on 11th July but although package was updated my port was never upgraded and I did all this on helpline numbers 1236 and 1218 but after getting tired of this drama I asked for downgrade to 2MB on 6th August and guess what ? that happened in 2 days. Now the only difference was that for 2MB package I called this number 0800-80800; I registered this account only to say to try that number if you have not already did so.

[/quote]

Thank you so much Shaun. Will try calling them up after a few days. Too fed up with them at the moment.

Port has not been upgraded you should go to exchange

Keep calling them and get a specific complaint number . It's the only way to solve a problem .

Have tried to upgrade once again. By calling their 080080800 number as suggested by Shaun. Lets see what do they do this time.

Woohoo. Finally on 2MB. Tried the 080080800 number as suggested by Shaun.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:13, topic:15346”]

Woohoo. Finally on 2MB. Tried the 080080800 number as suggested by Shaun.

[/quote]

Congrate !

Thanks. Working quite good. My download speeds sometime even reach 220kbps. :)

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:15, topic:15346”]

Thanks. Working quite good. My download speeds sometime even reach 220kbps. :)

[/quote]

2mb = 244Kb/s

Your Speed is NICE enough