PTCL to announce new packages soon

HYDERABAD: Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) President Walid Irshaid said on Tuesday the PTCL would soon unveil new and exciting packages for customers, adding that no more employees would be offered golden handshake.

Talking to newsmen here at a local hotel before addressing the PTCL officers, he said the number of PTCL subscribers was not decreasing. To a question, he said the PTCL had offered 5,000 free minutes for nationwide calls on promotional basis but reduced the free minutes to 2,500 after the market trends and learning what suited the customers.

When asked as to why the Pakistan package of the PTCL was reduced to 2,500 minutes, he said it was because they had announced the package on promotional basis and also offered other facilities, along with the free minutes, to customers. He announced that the PTCL had made local calls free of charge from 11pm to 6am from June 1, and more packages and offers would be announced for the customers shortly.

“We are also working for improvement of customer care in the company and are not taking decisions on an ad-hoc basis,” the PTCL president said and added that they were devising policies on the basis of market and customer requirements. He said they were in the process to make the PTCL a result-oriented organisation.He termed the fixed-line phones an important mode of communication and said they were aware of the habits and patterns of their customers and offering them reasonable packages.

Source: http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=116501

actually there is mention about broadband!

maybe the phone packages

Seems to be voice call package as market become too much cometative.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

PTCL had offered 5,000 free minutes for nationwide calls on promotional basis but reduced the free minutes to 2,500

Source: http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=116501

[/quote]

now this sucks… PTCL has a habbit of earning quick billions by misleading and deceptive tricks and fool its customer , first they were offering local call for Rs3.99 per hour then they shortened the duration to 2 minute local call now they’ve increased it to 3 mins… those guys responsible for comming up with new packages are bunch of stupid looters

The must have reduced thier income therefore introducing new package. Consumer must have shifted to other network specially cdma.

The massive golden handshake has cause PtCL billions, they are recovering that from consumers.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The massive golden handshake has cause PtCL billions, they are recovering that from consumers.
[/quote]

Due to golden handshake, ptcl is under staff now.

yeah..PTCL is all together misleading the nation..It is a PAKISTAN TELLICOMMUNICATION,it must not mislead PAKISTANI people..

Just look at their NET charges...

MY friend told me that PTCL is now charging the cost of one call after every 15 minutes for using net..

Oh my god!!!!!!

Another stupidity that PTCL does is that they dont inform people about their changing schemes and BECHARAY innocent people get ruined!!!!

one of my friend also got bill of 4800 just for using dial up net.

desgusting. i also got 1400 for using net for 15 days. then i know that and divert to gprs. it is cheaper that ptcl dial up.