PTCL staff/csr and Management

In this thread everyone will be able to comment on the staff, customer representatives and PTCL management. anyone can tell his experiences with them and can guide others the tricks to deal with them.

If somehow the management of PTCL visits this thread, it would also help them to look at the good/bad behaviour of their organization with customers.

If PTCL could show their courage then they are invited and advised to dedicate people from their organization who could listen to customer and advise them with their support and advise.

Regards.

Just started the thread and when I searched in news, I came to this sad news.

http://www.sananews.com.pk/english/2009/04/29/ptcl-gm-shahid-latif-kidnapped-along-with-driver/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

PTCL GM Shahid Latif kidnapped along with driver

⋅ Wednesday, April 29th, 2009 ⋅

D I KHAN (SANA): Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) General Manager Shahid Latif was kidnapped along with his driver by unknown militants when he was on his way from Kohat to here on Tuesday.

According to the details, the GM resident of Peshawar was returning after attending a PTCL meeting In Kohat and was kidnapped with his driver at National High Way (NHW).

PTCL Worker Pak Union President Sami Ullah said that he directed the regional administration to recover the GM within two days otherwise all the official telephone numbers of the police would be disconnected in NTR II.

Sami Ullah said that it was the duty of the government as well as the police to recover the GM and his driver as soon as possible.

[/quote]

Edit:

I don't know about the details but may be it could be due to bad management in PTCL that a customer may have kidnapped an officer to take revenge from PTCL. Just a speculation.

Supreme Court of Pakistan also coming into action against PTCL.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Regional/Lahore/12-May-2009/Just-pack-up-if-you-cant-deliver-SC

Just pack up if you can't deliver: SC

By: Sajid Zia | Published: May 12, 2009

LAHORE - Taking note of the poor service by the Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) to the subscribers, a Supreme Court bench headed by Justice Khalilur Rehman Ramday Monday called for the appearance of Chief Technical Officer (CTO) Muhammad Nasrullah and the PTCL chief legal manager on May 18 next.

Also comprising Justice Fakir Muhammad Khokhar, the bench looked with concern at the PTCL slow attendance to the consumers sufferings and late its awakening to the need of getting power generators in order to keep the batteries in working order round the clock to fend off incessant line droppings.

The Court was hearing a human right complaint emanated from a press column of Irshad Ahmad Haqqani published some two months ago grousing about the poor telephone service provided by the PTCL.

Following the Court direction, Regional General Manager Rasheed Ahmad and other officials appeared and described to the court loadshedding as basic reason for line droppings as the batteries operating the system fail due to non-supply of electricity. Lack of coordination between the departments was told to the court another reason for the said problems. The GM said Wasa during roads digging cuts off the telephone lines without apprising the company in this regard. He said they have recently gone in for the generators to provide continuous supply of power to the batteries.

Justice Ramday took this statement very seriously in the context that more than a year had gone since load-shedding was continuing and a layman knew that once energy of a battery gets exhausted, it needs recharging and the department had become alive to this fact and need of purchasing the generators so late at the cost of heavy troubles to the subscribers. The judge remarked does this fact call for indulgence of this court to look into the very privatisation of the PTCL after which such a situation has cropped up. Justice Ramday asked, for what the company gets money from the subscribers if it was unable to provide the promised service to them. He said if loadshedding is affecting the service it is responsibility of the department to overcome it and not to let the subscribers suffer for that. The Judge said the department has been sleeping over the matter and could get up just a week back when it purchased the generators. He said if you cannot provide due service to the people, you had better pack up and go. The Court wanted the officers to do the needful within this month but they requested for more time for which the court felt reluctant. However, in order to appraise the situation fully, the court called for the appearance of Chief Technical Officer and Principal Law Officer of the PTCL on May 18.

[/quote]

:D :D :D

Excellent!

In urdu people say:

اب آیآ اونٹ پھاژ کے نیچے

Ab Aya oonth pahar k neechay.

I wish if Supreme Court of Pakistan could teach them ethics. Moreover the privatization of PTCL to these sucked Sheikhs is also a big blunder, this should also be cancelled by SC.

In urdu people say:

اب آیآ اونٹ پھاژ کے نیچے

Ab Aya oonth pahar k neechay.

I wish if Supreme Court of Pakistan could teach them ethics. Moreover the privatization of PTCL to these sucked Sheikhs is also a big blunder, this should also be cancelled by SC.

[/quote]

hehehe

read my experience with PTCL i will get time tonight and post the end of the story or might be its a starting of the story.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6168

Important: i am sick of these words which mostly customer representatives uses:

we are sorry.

just wait ur problem will be resolved within 24 hours.

we r doing our best.

After 8/9 months of DSL usage they find that PTCL DSL is not for me … how sweet before 7 months all were fine.

Company policy , terms conditions.

Yes madam, Yes madam, Yes madam

nice to see SC looking into the matter!! :D

hehehe

read my experience with PTCL i will get time tonight and post the end of the story or might be its a starting of the story.

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6168

Important: i am sick of these words which mostly customer representatives uses:

we are sorry.

just wait ur problem will be resolved within 24 hours.

we r doing our best.

After 8/9 months of DSL usage they find that PTCL DSL is not for me … how sweet before 7 months all were fine.

Company policy , terms conditions.

Yes madam, Yes madam, Yes madam

[/quote]

tell me what are you suppose to be expecting from a CSR while siting on simple telephone sitting and hearing your complaints and forwarding to concern department this is what he can do only, and this CSR concept is not only in pakistan its all over world. but yes one thing can differ it is that how efficient is the management and departments of a particular company , so that CSR has not lie again and again :)

i hope you got the point … peace :)

DJ Nomi if SC calls you to tell all the lies and bad management, what would be your responce?

I wish if SC could decide to constitute a spcial bench for hearing all the blunders of telecom/IT and specifically broadband section.

Some experts should be hired who could give them an honest observation about the technical matters, so that these sucked companies could be brought to their knees.

Wait for the 17 MAy, see what a big lie is coming from PTCL infront of SC bench in Karachi.

I searched a lot where one could send his query/complaint online to SC but didn't succeeded. Is there any thing like that on net?

tell me what are you suppose to be expecting from a CSR while siting on simple telephone sitting and hearing your complaints and forwarding to concern department this is what he can do only, and this CSR concept is not only in pakistan its all over world. but yes one thing can differ it is that how efficient is the management and departments of a particular company , so that CSR has not lie again and again :)

i hope you got the point … peace :)

[/quote]

I am not blamming anyone but 2th april to 15th may is a long period and still problem gets new side.

Ofcourse PTCL management is good but if i will not know what exchange told to management regarding my complain how i can find the solution. And i am sure they will never tell what they said about terminating dsl and why they gave me bad line.

Regarding customer representative, they r just doing duty receiving calls and registering complains and does not know alot.

So, PTCL team leaders employess and management is good. Its another matter after 2 hours if no one pick the call … haha

They helped me so i can not blame to management … and it seems me this time i must call them.

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=178399

PTCL given five weeks to improve services

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

By Our Correspondent

LAHORE

A division bench of the Supreme Court has given the PTCL five weeks to improve its service structure affected by load-shedding. The bench comprising Justice Khalil-ur-Rehman Ramday and Justice Fakir Muhammad Khokhar took suo moto of the poor services of PTCL in a local newspaper column.

On Monday, PTCL chief technical officer Mohammad Nasarullah and the Lahore regional manager appeared before the court, taking the defence that the main problem with the company was load-shedding.

They said they had arranged alternate power batteries which did not fulfill the requirement. The bench observed that it was height of negligence on part of the PTCL authorities. The load shedding had been going on for a number of years, reaching its peak last year.

The bench also observed they were surprised to know that the PTCL had not made any arrangements after experiencing the load-shedding. The department had been sleeping over the matter, they said adding even a layman knew the batteries were ineffective in the kind of load shedding the country had been experiencing.

Nasarullah told the court that the PTCL needed four weeks to improve its services. However, the bench gave five weeks to PTCL to remove all difficulties, saying after the period no excuse would be accepted in this regard.

[/quote]

Hurrah!

I hope it fixes their proxifying-all-connections problem. It's just a pain having your connection proxified. (and if this is fixed, it'll fix their DNS problem too)

lol they don't need overhauling. They need to replace their PHD staff and bring fresh blood otherwise nothing gonna happen. One things more, a big chunk from profit is required for reinvesting in the infrastructure.

well the best thing about 1218 is that when you give a counter answer to all the crap they say, they just then say we are forwarding your call to our senior! hehe and then no one ever picks up!

bloody ^^%$#!@@

i dont know when they will learn!

^200% correct.

they simply suck

We used to think that only PTCL customers are annoyed with them but now PTCL employees are also exasperated with their management.

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/2367956/

Larkana, Jun 08, 2009 (Asia Pulse Data Source via COMTEX) -- A large number of Pakistan Telecommunication Company Employees Sunday brought out a rally from PTCL office to Larkana Press Club against injustices of their administration and to press for their demands. The rally, led by Chairman PTCL Employees Union Zulfiqar Ali Sangi, after marching through various roads reached Larkana Press Club, where the participants staged a sit-in.

Speaking on the occasion, Zulfiqar Sangi urged the government to raise salaries of telecommunication employees according to inflation rate in the forthcoming budget. Lineman, clerks, technicians, supervisors and telephone operators be promoted to next grade, he added. Junior clerk be upgraded to grade 7, UDC to grade 9 and assistant to grade 14, while engineering supervisor be promoted to engineer grade 17, he said.

He demanded four bonus salaries for the employees, adding incentive package issued by PTCL be allowed to deprived employees.

He maintained that extra duties of line men pertaining to marketing and recovery be ended. Corporation allowances be granted to employees of Larkana. Overtime and holiday allowances be also granted to all employees. The protesting leaders further demanded the facility of approved medical stores for Sukkur, Larkana and Nawabshah employees.

The leaders appealed to the PTCL administration to consider their demands, seriously; otherwise, they would widen the scope of their protest and communication system across the country would be jammed besides seizing PTCL headquarters. They further announced to observe token hunger strike at mausoleum of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto if their demands were not met. Imtiaz Ali Junejo, Muhammad Hanif, Ghulam Qadir, Syed Zulfiqar Ali Shah and others also spoke on the occasion.

[/quote]

Pakistan Telecom eyes domestic acquisitions, says CEO

http://www.telecomtiger.com/Corporate_fullstory.aspx?passfrom=corporate&storyid=6384&section=S162

Pakistan Telecommunication Company Ltd. (PTCL) is engaging in acquisitions talks with a number of domestic companies, as it eyes mergers for the fiscal, said Chief Executive Officer Walid Irshaid at the CommunicAsia 2009 conference in Singapore.

The company CEO said that it is already in the middle of negotiations with various carriers and operators.

The telecom market of Pakistan, with its current six operators should be reduced to three operators of Global System for Mobile networks, opined Mr Warid.

According to him, the market should head for consolidation.

In 2004, the Pakistan government issued licenses to non-state telephone companies to start business, marking the end of Pakistan Telecom’s monopoly and henceforth, the company has lost business to rivals including Telenor ASA and China Mobile Ltd.

[/quote]

So, what does that mean?

Are they looking to gulp other companies?

I think if that happens, then there will be left only one thing and that is: MONOPOLY.

... so ready 4 chage;;;;;;;

AOA,

Dear, LINKDOT NET and PTCL DSL customers if u r fedup with holding on helpline and waitin for technical problems to b resolved. HERE I M TO HELP U PEOPLE. i have contacts in both Linkdot net ptcl and i m myself a TECHNICAL PERSON and part of one of these companies. i can troubleshoot and configure networking as well as all linkdot net and ptcl modems and WIRELESS ROUTERS available in the market. I can also help u resolve port upgradation line faults and other complaints commonly found in these companies for "NOMINAL COST"

SO, hurry up contact me on my number.

0333-4263907 text any time or call after 5 pm only