PTCL SpeedTest Service (Post Your Results Here!)

this is my speed test but my browsing is like snail since many days, why ???? :angry:

4737682829.png

Lahore - 2 MB - Fiber connection through very bad condition copper DB
http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk

24crvjc.jpg

Rawalpindi 4Mb/s connection. This is on a slow day.. but sometime it speeds up and almost touches 3Mb.

5209328898.png

I know, I know... I am sad too

[quote=“adnan_shoaib, post:1479, topic:4560”]

I am using 4 Mbps connection however for the last few days the speed has reduced to 2 Mbps. I have contacted 1218 several times, local technician has also visited twice, also lodged my automatic complaint as well as emailed at complaints.suggestions@ptcl.net.pk. However, no positive response has been received yet. All they say is this: “Main aap ki complaint forward kar raha hon taa k aap ko jo pareshani ho rahi hai wo khatam ho sake… Thank you for calling PTCL, Allah Hafiz”… and mute…

Here is my test result. However I am surprised to see that my connection is being hosted on Telenor…

10337741_10203349386758942_3506496648361

[/quote]

I would strongly encourage you to check your router for the connection you are on every now and then. I have experienced then change me from 8Mb/s to 2Mb/s and still charge me for 8Mb/s. Upon confronting they said it was MY fault for not requesting the billing department to change it to 2Mb/s if I was not getting 8Mb/s. Bunch of fraudsters on every step of the way.

Using PTCL DSL and evo wingle from few years - have to #$%# in different locations withing Pindi, I have noticed that at all locations and in all these years, the download speed of the DSL has been closer to the purchased package while the upload speed of DSL never goes higher than 1 Mbps - I have 8 MB DSL package with PTCL and get around 6 to 7Mbs download most of the times, however, upload stays less than 1Mbps. Seems its capped by PTCL -

EVO wingle the upload speed crosses 2 Mbps, where signals are ok.

Can any one advice, if making some internal changes (modem type etc) can help improving DSL upload, or it remains at what has been capped by PTCL.

[quote=“mwaraitch, post:1505, topic:4560”]

Using PTCL DSL and evo wingle from few years - have to #$%# in different locations withing Pindi, I have noticed that at all locations and in all these years, the download speed of the DSL has been closer to the purchased package while the upload speed of DSL never goes higher than 1 Mbps - I have 8 MB DSL package with PTCL and get around 6 to 7Mbs download most of the times, however, upload stays less than 1Mbps. Seems its capped by PTCL -

EVO wingle the upload speed crosses 2 Mbps, where signals are ok.

Can any one advice, if making some internal changes (modem type etc) can help improving DSL upload, or it remains at what has been capped by PTCL.

[/quote]

Just checked on upload speed limits with PTCL help line and was informed that the upload speed on DSL packgage up to 20Mpbs is capped a maximum of 1Mbs.