PTCL Speed not Doubled.... Help!

I have 512kbps student package. My speed not doubled according to ptcl offer.

Today 29, March.

Line Rate: 510600 / 507900 (In modem management page)

439674440.png

I have called my Local DSL installers. They are saying that My speed will be doubled in 2 days. I call them on 26 march.

Yestrday, i called at 1218 and submitted a complain.

Me using ZXDSL 831DV2.1

These are my modem connection settings.

image.php?id=A636_49CF3614&jpg

Is there any setting problem or what?

Wait and Nothing Else

are you on ONU line?

there are still some people who haven't been upgraded i red on the other thread that it may take till 4th April to fully upgraded and thats why some of the users having connections problems too.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

are you on ONU line?

there are still some people who haven’t been upgraded i red on the other thread that it may take till 4th April to fully upgraded and thats why some of the users having connections problems too.

[/quote]

I am using simple copper wire.

^its just that VPI and VCI ratio for copper is 0 and 103 and for ONU 8 and 81 (according to ptcl modem guide) and yours is 0 and 103 thats why i thought that you must be on ONU

^its just that VPI and VCI ratio for copper is 0 and 103 and for ONU 8 and 81 (according to ptcl modem guide) and yours is 0 and 103 thats why i thought that you must be on ONU
[/quote]

So i should change that value? I did not getting about UNO line. My exchange to home line is copper line. after that my modem is connected with LAN type wires

^i dont know about that there are some people who are using ONU line and using 0 and 103 ratio and vice versa. i also tried ONU values on my copper line when i 1st red the guide but it didn't work on mine so i simply changed it back. if you know how to make connection on your modem page you can try.

you can download your modems connection setup guide (PTCL) here, i just downloaded it and it had great detail for how setup connection for your modem.

http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentp.php?NID=190

^i dont know about that there are some people who are using ONU line and using 0 and 103 ratio and vice versa. i also tried ONU values on my copper line when i 1st red the guide but it didn’t work on mine so i simply changed it back. if you know how to make connection on your modem page you can try.

you can download your modems connection setup guide (PTCL) here, i just downloaded it and it had great detail for how setup connection for your modem.

http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentp.php?NID=190

[/quote]

I just tried 0 and 103 value. after restarting modem, i can’t access internet.

Restored 8 and 81. now just fine

You are not alone. Many people especially on ONU await their upgrades.

As for VCI and VPI; I have ONU, but can only connect with values for those of Copper. Don't know why is this, but as long as I can connect, not an issue for me :D

PS: I am personally waiting for the upgrade to happen. My 512kbps counterparts on ONU have been upgraded a week earlier. So, it's just a mocked up reason by PTCL that they cant upgrade people on ONU.

There is no advantage of Complaining them; have only made one call to 1218.

I am going to be patient for a month; then I will downgrade from 1mbps to 1mbps (and it takes a phone call to downgrade!).

At least, I can save some bucks :P