PTCL Speed Doubled?

I have a 2mbps package at home and office. Both were not working this morning but started working an hour or so ago. Home is still at 2mbps but office one is giving me download speed of 4mbps. 400k+ constantly on utorrent. (Lahore). Anybody else experiencing this?

Same here, i have 2mbps but now im getting 400kb in torrents and 500 in direct while my modem shows 17000 kbps downstream but the internet has really become very unstable with frequent disconnects

my modem is showing this

Downstream / Upstream (Kbps) 20476/1020

OK here's the deal, 2-3 months ago or so, my friend told me that PTCL is gonna double its packages once again, i didn't believe him at that time, but now, i myself noticed that i'm getting 420+ kbps (4mbps) speed on my 2mbps connection. WOW! Love you PTCL! Now LDN is gonna copy you.

I think only copper users are upgraded. ONU require to upgraded from box

Nope am still on 1024kbps (copper).No upgrades.

^ Are you on student package? If so, it is possible that they're not going to upgrade the student package.... (lets hope not)

They are not upgrading student package as far as I know. They are going to decrease the price of student package from 839 to somewhere like 600s I think.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

They are not upgrading student package as far as I know. They are going to decrease the price of student package from 839 to somewhere like 600s I think.
[/quote]

It’s very difficult for them to not upgrade student packages. i know there system and infrastructure. they will upgrade every connection. Let’s wait

Who the f*** needs more speed when the stability and pings are totally off the mark. Fix the friggin' stability and pings first!

It’s very difficult for them to not upgrade student packages. i know there system and infrastructure. they will upgrade every connection. Let’s wait

[/quote]

Yeah lets wait n see but last time when the upgrading hype was created I contacted Pee tcl people they said after the upgradation they’ll reduce student package price & reducing student packages to 1mbps from 2 & 4 was part of the process. I do hope they upgrade student package. fingers crossed

@Asad_N

Err I do :P well anyone with a good line :P & seriously what are you talking about? improving infrastructure will mean less moaning, less complaints & less cussing. Now we don’t want that do we? sarcasm intended

Who the f*** needs more speed when the stability and pings are totally off the mark. Fix the friggin’ stability and pings first!
[/quote]

Absolutely true :)

im on student package, my speed has been upgraded though

^

I am at my cousins in Pindi (they have student package) not upgraded & I have a feeling my exchange upgraded there subscribers 3-4 days ago cause internet was acting weird just like last time when the upgrading happened.

im on student package, my speed has been upgraded though
[/quote]

I got my new connection broadband 1 MB student package on copper wire today. let me go home today and see what speed i am getting.

Who the f*** needs more speed when the stability and pings are totally off the mark. Fix the friggin’ stability and pings first!
[/quote]

Ditto!

i think till then now its totally illusions only illusions not reality till then announcemnt

@rns1 in ur first post u wrote u r on 2mb connection. in second u say u r on student. also y is it that most of those who have been upgraded r new users in this forum

@rns1 in ur first post u wrote u r on 2mb connection. in second u say u r on student. also y is it that most of those who have been upgraded r new users in this forum

i think this forum should be closed