PTCL SmartTV Set Top Box (STB) Out of Order

MY PTCL SmartTV Set Top Box is having problem. When I turn it on, green light turns on but the device does not boot and there is no movement on the screen. TV says 'No Signal'. There is no red light anymore and remote control light doesn't respond on pressing keys on remote control. One more thing that LAN light on ADSL Rounter doesn't blink and stays green. PTCL support person just called and on phone said that device is faulty and I will have to pay 2500 to person who will come to replace it.

I had my faulty Set Top Box replaced about a year ago without any charges whatsoever. Maybe PTCL has started charging for it now.

no money bro...simply contact customer service and tell them that person is asking for money. tell that guy to bill this amount in bill instead of asking, if its real.

this person had contacted me after launching complaint. he just visited and brought a device alongwith him. that device did work thus he was asking me to pay 2500 for the same device. I put him off and told to wait for a few days. Then called on PTCL helpline and he said that device will be replaced free of charges!! Lets see what happens tomorrow

thanks for the advices and supports guys!!!

So m thinkng to get SMART TV for my 42" LCD. Is it worth it ?? and is the picture good enough for a 42" LCD ?

if your line is good and it works fine, you would get a good result!!! It's worth going for this

However there are some drawbacks of Smart TV like regular cable is always showing different movies on its CD/DVD channels, there are two channels in the list but considering the movies, I would recommend jumping over them :P

Some channels are there just to complete the count. No Zee channels, WB, Star Plus etc. You better go through the list yourself on its site.

A great advantage is that in load shedding, if you have UPS/Generator, your TV won't be turned off like regular cable

Actually, for those interested in Star Plus, they added it - near the end of the queue - and the logo is hidden. Its the Star Plus from India (with Indian commercials and all).

Yeah its smart drama!

[quote=“shaheerk, post:7, topic:15254”]

Actually, for those interested in Star Plus, they added it - near the end of the queue - and the logo is hidden. Its the Star Plus from India (with Indian commercials and all).

[/quote]

thanks for the info bro, ladies would be so happy to learn it :)

^^ true! only for sensible viewers!

Plus the device is free if your first 2 years have not passed yet! Else after 2 year its your property then.

device has been replaced free of charges. It's a used one but workinig fine :) now i have another question but would put that in another thread!

[quote=", post:11, topic:15254"]

device has been replaced free of charges. It’s a used one but workinig fine :) now i have another question but would put that in another thread!

[/quote]

lucky !

As told! its just a matter of being corrupt exchage guy or not! :) Enjoy