PTCL Smart TV tariff and details

i am going to subscribe for PTCL smart TV...was looking at their web site but could not find tariff....only tariff was for VOD but not for any services........can any one help me in this regard and provide me these details:

1. Tariff details

2. Channel List

thx in advance

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i am going to subscribe for PTCL smart TV…was looking at their web site but could not find tariff…only tariff was for VOD but not for any services…can any one help me in this regard and provide me these details:

1. Tariff details

2. Channel List

thx in advance

[/quote]

I think the best answer is http://ptclsmart.com.pk/ ;)

Google4u

yap visit website...n if not satisfied then call 1236 for more details

channel list is available on site but there was no information about monthly charges / tariff. can anyone provide that detail???

channel list is available on site but there was no information about monthly charges / tariff. can anyone provide that detail???
[/quote]

I think its now 300 Per month and 300 per month for 24 Movies limit per month … as they are charging VOD from FEB 2009 and now from June 2009 they have start the its billing process as they use to publish that its free till June 2009

Google4u

any newz regarding extension of free services??

Google4u

the tarriff is 126rs/month and 174rs is line rent which makes it 300. actually its 126.

Google4u

[/quote]

offtopic, which linux distro r u using?

edit: nevermind, enlarged the picture, its CentOS

Yeah Its Linux Distro CentOS 5.3 over my HP Laptop

Google4u

is their free offer ended? or will it end on june 30th...?

it ll end on june 30th

I am planning to cancel the ptcl smart tv befre the free offer time ends i.e. 30th june as its not worth the money i.e. 9K device and then 300 per month.

Two questions for this :

1. I have 2mbps account with Huawei EchoLife HG510 modem, which is working pretty good in combination with my linksys router, so if I cancel smart tv they will take this modem too with smart tv device ? If yes then any way to pay them extra to keep this modem ? Or if no what other replacement modem I should insist for ?

2. Is cancelling smart tv is only a matter of making a phone call to them ? Just want to make sure it gets cancelled the proper way I mean THEIR way , so they dont charge me for the ptcl smart tv device and the extra monthly charges for some more months.

So if some one got it cancelled recently or if any one else can tell best way to do this , would appreciate that.

(just want to make sure there is no extra paper work etc involved with this)

btw any one else planning to still keep this lousy ptcl smart tv ?

Ans.1 ........you cannot return/cancel ur smart tv subscription by returning ur STB only they will ask for Huawei modem without that you cannot cancel........for replacement insist for ZTE 831D modem its gud!!

Ans.2...dont know about phone call ..once i asked on helpline n they said u can also request from helpline n staff will come n collect the STB ( but it take alot of time) but for proper and instant cancellation go to OSS Egerton Road with STB and modem and tell them to cancel ur smart tv subscription they will do it...might ask u to write an application in name ov manager broadband....(not sure)

n m also planning to return my STB within a week or so before the end of june.... :)

Thanks for the info Hashim.

mention not! :)