PTCL SMART TV APP for DSL BB

i have downloaded this app today... but i dont know how to make it work... should you be subscribed for Smart Tv to use this app on your pc? or just anyone can use it.... Thanks

Hey i have also downloaded this program but it is not running i think they will charge us Rs 50 for Smart Tv.

Let me know when you come to a solution.

^

I downloaded this application and working fine at my end. I got its username password from PTCL OSS.

Thanks

^What did you tell the PTCL OSS to get the username password?

Will PTCL charge for using this app?

http://ptcl.com.pk/related_pages.php?pd_id=203&rp_id=222

The above link answers some of the questions. Its Rs. 50/ month.

Is anyone using it? Is picture quality and streaming up to the mark and what connection you are using 1/2/4 Mbps?

^

Yup i got it activated on my EVO wifi cloud and now also use it on my BB.

Userid is ur EVO device MDN

Thanks

do you mean DSL broandband users who dont have EVO can also use PTCL smart tv app??! I dont have EVO can i still use it?

Same question and where do you put the login info ?

i think master is talking about smart tv app for evo which is asking for user id nd pwd

but here v r discussing about smart tv app for dsl

i have downloaded and installed smart tv app for dsl broadband, its not asking for any username or password but when i try and play it dsnt work and theres only a blank screen in the tv viewer app?? Do i need to get it activated or something?

The smart tv app is actually VLC media player and uses the same list someone provided in the IPTV thread. This app will work only for multicast enabled users.

we are mixing , first application was for evo User , Which we can use for dsl aswell , But this application is purely for dsl users , I Have downloaded it ., and its working fine at my end, even without asking any Username and password ,there is no option for asking or providing any user and password on it . Just at your phone line smart tv services should be activated first !

You need to contact 1236 to get this activated on your DSL line. After that you can use this app to watch tv on you pc. Monthy charges of Rs. 50/- will be levied. I will get it activated today on my 2Mbps and will share the result.

^

I am using it via this application link http://ptcl.com.pk/related_pages.php?pd_id=203&rp_id=222

I will try on DSL using this applciation link http://ptcl.com.pk/uploads/Smart%20TV%20PC%20App.zip and share the results.

Thanks

Thats great my SMART TV is already activated. This mean i can watch smart tv on my my DSL too just by downloading this DSL application? No other configuration required for it?

Seocndly, does it has all 125 channels same as of TV?

Thanks

What is Multicast? I have SMART TV but do i have to change any setting in the Modem to make this DSL App work on my PC?

Help would be appreciated bro.

Thanks

[quote=“masters, post:16, topic:19112”]

What is Multicast? I have SMART TV but do i have to change any setting in the Modem to make this DSL App work on my PC?

Help would be appreciated bro.

Thanks

[/quote]

If you have Smart TV, then it should work on your PC too, Multicast streaming is enabled from back-end to provide your Smart TV.

^

Oooh k. Means Multicast is related to actual SMART TV transmission :)

Thanks , i will try it today Insa Allah.

does that mean users who dont have smart tv from ptcl won't be able to view it? that sucks

^

Yup with respect to Multicast it seems like that :|

Thanks