PTCL slow ? 27 Dec 2015

Since past few hours, PTCL has gone dead slow. Anyone else facing speed issues? I have a 12 MB connection and getting various slow speeds depending on server location. I hope there is not another submarine cable breakdown issue yet again.

PS : Pings have also gone abnormally high

PSS : Just called 1218 and they are confirming that under sea cable has been damaged again. I dont know why the fk their cable keeps getting damage once every 4-5 months. The last time it got damaged was in August 2015.

Cable damages may be normal, but they should have backups in place (that don't get choked easily).

Most of the developed world has multiple routes. Also, most of the developed world have websites hosted locally too, so they're relatively unaffected.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[quote=“Animotion, post:, topic:”]

Since past few hours, PTCL has gone dead slow. Anyone else facing speed issues? I have a 12 MB connection and getting various slow speeds depending on server location. I hope there is not another submarine cable breakdown issue yet again.

PS : Pings have also gone abnormally high

PSS : Just called 1218 and they are confirming that under sea cable has been damaged again. I dont know why the fk their cable keeps getting damage once every 4-5 months. The last time it got damaged was in August 2015.

[/quote]

Undersea cable is not the property of PTCL. and It can be broken even 100 times a year.

All the funding & beneficiary country of any said Cable has the team to fix it and its takes days to fix such issues caused by any Rock or Broken Ship etc.

Other ISPs are equally affected. In Islamabad Nayatel says disruption (slow or no internet access) will continue for 7 - 15 days.

What a great way to enter into a new year

I am stuck with this awful ISP called ptcl because there is no other DSL provider in my city. I have been facing slow browsing and slow downloading even before that cable problem occurred. Ptcl is acting very strange and I don't think they are telling us the truth about this problem. They have actually messed up because of all that filtering they were trying to impose and now they don't have any clue what to do about it.

The helpline has the least helpful people and the only thing they do is to tell me to perform a speed test, which I have never seen showing a problem EVER, even when there is a problem at the back end and ptcl admits there is, my speed test is always perfect, so I am stuck with these morons who clearly have no expertise and the interest to do something about these problems.

And as of today many popular filehosts like rapidgator and uploaded have stopped working on ptcl, the sites are online but accessing through ptcl leads you to a "page not found" error. The most lame ISP just got more pathetic.