Ptcl router (Zte II Blue ) restarts on low voltage

Im facing this problem as my router restarts as soon as the voltage drops below 180. Thanks to Wapda my voltage goes as low as 160 and i have to restart the router again and again to make it work. So kindly tell me will buying a better adapter will solve my problem or will i have to get my router changed. Kindly suggest me some good adapter, its price and the place where i can get it in Lahore.

Thanks

try getting an adapter with wider input range...there are some working from 180-220V but this is an apparent problem...you should use a stabilizer or UPS with such devices...

^ i already have a homage inverter and it gives no benefit either as whenever lights goes my router restarts.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

try getting an adapter with wider input range…there are some working from 180-220V but this is an apparent problem…you should use a stabilizer or UPS with such devices…
[/quote]

X2 - Good suggestion

^ i already have a homage inverter and it gives no benefit either as whenever lights goes my router restarts.
[/quote]

He is suggesting stabilizer or a UPS, Homage is an inverter with much slow switching time. Some homage inverters have a very small switch at back side, if you have it on your inverter, try setting it to other side. It reduces the switch-over time.

BTW: If your router has an adapter which has conventional power transformer (these types are usually bulky) then you can not get rid of restart problem at low AC input, unless you change it with a switch mode type adapter (these types have wide AC input voltage range and are lighter in weight)

BTW: If your router has an adapter which has conventional power transformer (these types are usually bulky) then you can not get rid of restart problem at low AC input, unless you change it with a switch mode type adapter (these types have wide AC input voltage range and are lighter in weight)

[/quote]

Yup the ones coming with new switches and router.

@Ijaz ahmed: i checked it with both narrow and wide range options on inverter, with the latter one as u are suggesting, instead of router getting restarted in gets held which is worse.

@Mazahyr: if you know any particular model than tell me as these china made adapters are not be to trusted much. I remember buying a variable voltage adapter (3v-12v) and i had to switch it to 12v to work for a 9v ethernet switch.

Stay away from those variable voltage adapters.

Tell me what happens when your AC input falls down to 180 or less ? Does your homage inverter shifts to batter / inverter mode ?

If not, it does not have built in stabilizer mode. You will need to buy switch mode adapter.

What is the voltage and current rating of your existing adapter ?

^my homage inverter has built in stabalizer but the problem is that it switches to battery mode after going below 170v on narrow range and 90v on wide range so basically none of the categories suffice for the router as it needs switching to battery lowest at 180v. So i think buying switch mode adapter it is only option left.

first ov all get rid of this freakin adpator cause the way it has been treated now it's capacitors might have gone loose by now...and variable voltage won't help...since we need variable input voltage not output voltage.

ok will check this adapter in market. Thanks for helping out guys

ok guys instead of buying new adapter as i was busy with exam preparation, i got the router changed from ptcl.

It is used Zte Zxdsl but manufactured it Aug 2010

As you said the new routers are coming with lighter adapter supporting 100-240V.

So far it is going good Alhumdulilah.

Thanks for helping out