Ptcl router stops working when supply shifts to inverter

Hi

I have ptcl router. the dark blue one. im using the mercury 2000V inverter. Now whenever the electricity goes and the supply transfers to the inverter the router stops working. it doesn't turn off ,it just stops working and will work only if i restart it. i guess since the transfer time is larger in inverter as compared to a UPS so thats the reason.

any way to sort out this problem.

I am also facing this problem on Link Dot Net and I am using Paradyne 6381.

well buy high quality switching adopter with respect to the out put DC Volts and Amp. Then this hanging problem will be solved.

google4u

I think UPS requires some sort of chip addition to cop with the problem.

Buy a better adapter or make a cheap voltage buffer via capacitor.

In simpler words try to have a +12V , 0.7A adapter, it wont break your session while your inverter shifts the power.

the current one with the router is 0.9V 1A.

is it solved furqan coz i hav same problem ??

I had this problem but added a capacitor to adaptor power line and it do not restart now. Capacitor costed 25 Rupees.

can u explainhow u attached it with the line n what ratting capacitor coz m in bsc electrical enginnerring :P

AOA,

I had the same problem with shiro modem; since i have got the Tp-link router the problem is solved. I think the solution lies in the adapter it uses. The adapter that came with tp-link router works on 100~240 Volts. Where as shiro adapter works on 220~240 V Range.

Hope it will help you guys a bit.

the problem is that dark blue ZTE modem is working on 9 V AC not 9 V DC, thats why i don't like it...

the modem that LinkDotNet provides (the "Aztech") is good in the sense that it operates at 9V DC, i use that modem with 12V battery and i charge my battery once a week, so it doesn't matter you have electricity or not... you are always connected

you can also make some sort of switching mechanism with relays or using MOSFETs, so that it automatically goes to the line when electricity comes and your battery gets charged simultaneously :-)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I had this problem but added a capacitor to adaptor power line and it do not restart now. Capacitor costed 25 Rupees.
[/quote]

would u plz tell me how to do this capacitor thing. which type of capacitor, how much capacity?? how to install it? etc etc

thanks