PTCL Router Showing Ghost users and strange behaviour

Hello guys today my router is showing strange behaviour First it gave me error
"System error IP conflict another user is using this IP"

I'm the only user in LAN and wireless has strong password and in wireless section of router there was no user connected even then I received this error

I then gave static IP's to my LAN card it worked for 5 minutes and then I was unable to access my router after restarting many times I finally accessed routr managment and saw strange users showing in DHCP lease also the router managment browsing is very slow

here are few screen shots I took "jamal" in red is my PC

Can anyone explain why this is happening....

30awghd.jpg

DHCP lease list increasing every minute with ghost users and browsing is too slow

22yttj.jpg

Well, first of all, change your WiFi password as a precaution and see if the situation continues after reboot.

[quote=“SupMA5TER, post:3, topic:21553”]

Well, first of all, change your WiFi password as a precaution and see if the situation continues after reboot.

[/quote]

I disabled wireless, Disabled DHCP, Removed all open ports (NAT) even then I receive "System IP Conflict" within 5 minutes of any static IP assignment ...........

It seems my router is infected with some kind of worm.....

You shouldn't be using this modem then.

[quote=“Joker, post:5, topic:21553”]

You shouldn't be using this modem then.

[/quote]

The what ??? Will PTCL replace it with a new modem??? even the factory reset has no effect.....

Indeed it’s a very strange problem but there is always a work around. Follow steps mentioned below:

Without phone line inserted into the PTCL modem:

1. First you have to reset your router to default settings then re-configure it.

2. After configuration do a reboot and connect your PC to the router and bind its MAC address to 192.168.1.2 via router management.

3. Connect some devices via Wi-Fi.

4. Wait for 5-10 mins and now check your DHCP client list.

5. If it’s still showing ghost clients then there are two possibilities:

(i) DHCP server is malfunctioning and router firmware is somehow corrupted.

(ii) Your PC is infected with a strange malware.

If not then insert phone line into the modem and check for the ghost clients to appear in DHCP client list. If they appear now then surely your router firmware is infected with a malware/worm.

Pehli baat - Bahi aap ke paas kya gigabit fiber optics line ha? Itnay saray users kya pakooray khaa rahay hain jo bandwidth to kuch na ho?

Jamal
Zafar
884-PC
muhammad-aef1bd
WIN-SE4182HQH1R
server1
server2
music
ahmad-92274ea06

Dosri baat, Allah hi janay koon Jamal ha

"Teesra John ha na" (lets see who gets this)

[quote=“razorcz, post:7, topic:21553”]

Indeed it’s a very strange problem but there is always a work around. Follow steps mentioned below:

Without phone line inserted into the PTCL modem:

1. First you have to reset your router to default settings then re-configure it.

2. After configuration do a reboot and connect your PC to the router and bind its MAC address to 192.168.1.2 via router management.

3. Connect some devices via Wi-Fi.

4. Wait for 5-10 mins and now check your DHCP client list.

5. If it’s still showing ghost clients then there are two possibilities:

(i) DHCP server is malfunctioning and router firmware is somehow corrupted.

(ii) Your PC is infected with a strange malware.

If not then insert phone line into the modem and check for the ghost clients to appear in DHCP client list. If they appear now then surely your router firmware is infected with a malware/worm.

[/quote]

I did following with no effect

1- Reset to factory default

2- Bind MAC to 192.168.1.2

After this

Nothing changed I again received IP conflict

I then bind MAC to IP 192.168.1.100

Now IP conflict error gone probably because The IP lease list never went above 15 users at a time

However when DHCP list increase modem web managment hangs

Unfortunatly currently I have no other device in hand except my PC therefore I cannot confirm if its my PC which is causing problem

I am thinking to buy a modem from OLX ..........

[quote=“attock, post:8, topic:21553”]

Pehli baat - Bahi aap ke paas kya gigabit fiber optics line ha? Itnay saray users kya pakooray khaa rahay hain jo bandwidth to kuch na ho?

Jamal

Zafar

884-PC

muhammad-aef1bd

WIN-SE4182HQH1R

server1

server2

music

ahmad-92274ea06

Dosri baat, Allah hi janay koon Jamal ha

"Teesra John ha na" (lets see who gets this)

[/quote]

میرے بھائی سنجیدہ سوال کا جواب سنجیدگی سے ہی دینا چاہیے طنز و مزاح کے لیے اور بہت سے فورمز ہیں البتہ آپ کے ٹائم کا شکریہ

Leh, aap ke khayal se mein *internet* sanjeeda honay ke liyae use karta hoon?

Hello!

The 'ghost' users are showing up due to the iptv service (ptcl smart tv ... multicasting)! If you had searched the forum, I am sure you would have found the same!

Regards,

Ahmed

[quote=“ahmedfarazch, post:12, topic:21553”]

Hello!

The 'ghost' users are showing up due to the iptv service (ptcl smart tv ... multicasting)! If you had searched the forum, I am sure you would have found the same!

Regards,

Ahmed

[/quote]

I searched the forum but didn't find anything similar.... So whatever it is "multicasting or smart TV" why it suddenly appeared coz I'm not using smart TV?

Is there anything I can prevent this to happen again because It disturbed me for at least 72 hours and during that time my router hanged many times .........

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:13, topic:21553”]

I searched the forum but didn't find anything similar.... So whatever it is "multicasting or smart TV" why it suddenly appeared coz I'm not using smart TV?

Is there anything I can prevent this to happen again because It disturbed me for at least 72 hours and during that time my router hanged many times .........

[/quote]

i also faced this problem a long time ago and then i found the solution. just remove iptv settings in WAn service which should be 0/102 if you are on copper and 0/35 if on fiber optics. just tick and remove the smart tv settings column, reboot and everything will be normal

[quote=“hashim, post:14, topic:21553”]

i also faced this problem a long time ago and then i found the solution. just remove iptv settings in WAn service which should be 0/102 if you are on copper and 0/35 if on fiber optics. just tick and remove the smart tv settings column, reboot and everything will be normal

[/quote]

I think these settings are already disabled see the snapshot....

they aint, tick the upper two and remove them both