PTCL phone dead for a month

I have registered numerous complaints regarding the above at PTCL helpline phone number 1218. My telephone line is fixed only to be dead again the very next day. I am using the same telephone line for many years and rarely before did my telephone line was ever dead, so all of a sudden this may not just be a technical problem with my line.

More recently I visited the telephone exchange at Garden Town, Lahore which serves my premises and was surprised to read a notice at their office mentioning of the amount of salary increments for PTCL employees for the number of customer complaints addressed. According to it, my line-man earns Rs. 10 for resolving each of my registered complaints. (He must be a rich man by now :D). Considering this, I am worried if my line-man is interfering with my telephone connection on purpose, only to earn his daily salary.

In case this is true, my only hope that my grievance be permanently redressed is to complain about it to the higher authorities at PTCL. May any one please mention where exactly I should submit my application, as I do not find any helpful information at the PTCL website.

Also, is any one else faced with a similar issue?

P.S. I am located in Model Town, Lahore and my telephone connection is provided by the Garden Town exchange.

Do reply guys. At least do not make me think I am the only one, left at the mercy of my horrible line-man.

Consumer Court?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Consumer Court?
[/quote]

Do these courts really do something?

I have no experience doing such a thing. I do believe however that I should first approach higher PTCL authorities and move court as a last resort. By the way, may you please provide information regarding approaching the consumer court. Do I have to hire a lawyer?

^No Idea But See This

don't you have PTCL costumer care center in your town?

Find your lineman, pay him Rs. 100, ask him to fix your line, take his cell phone # down, issue is done.

I happilly pay my line man a small amount every now and then, mainly because its really convenient. If i have problems with any of my lines, I just give him a call and he fixes it. No need to register a complaint or anything.

If the exchange or some thing goes down, my lines are always the first to be reconnected. My DSL line quality is unbelievably good, because I paid the guy to spend the extra time in tweaking and setting it for me perfectly.

I faced similar problems, complaints again and again. I decided not to pay the bill and for two months didn't register a single complaint. My fone remained dead for two momths. At the begining of third month Phone was alive and full functional and since then no problems. PTCL certainly doesn't want to loose more connections.

I faced similar problems, complaints again and again. I decided not to pay the bill and for two months didn't register a single complaint. My fone remained dead for two momths. At the begining of third month Phone was alive and full functional and since then no problems. PTCL certainly doesn't want to loose more connections.

I have registered numerous complaints regarding the above at PTCL helpline phone number 1218. My telephone line is fixed only to be dead again the very next day. I am using the same telephone line for many years and rarely before did my telephone line was ever dead, so all of a sudden this may not just be a technical problem with my line.

More recently I visited the telephone exchange at Garden Town, Lahore which serves my premises and was surprised to read a notice at their office mentioning of the amount of salary increments for PTCL employees for the number of customer complaints addressed. According to it, my line-man earns Rs. 10 for resolving each of my registered complaints. (He must be a rich man by now :D). Considering this, I am worried if my line-man is interfering with my telephone connection on purpose, only to earn his daily salary.

In case this is true, my only hope that my grievance be permanently redressed is to complain about it to the higher authorities at PTCL. May any one please mention where exactly I should submit my application, as I do not find any helpful information at the PTCL website.

Also, is any one else faced with a similar issue?

P.S. I am located in Model Town, Lahore and my telephone connection is provided by the Garden Town exchange.

[/quote]

Complain to PTA

www.pta.gov.pk

Do these courts really do something?

I have no experience doing such a thing. I do believe however that I should first approach higher PTCL authorities and move court as a last resort. By the way, may you please provide information regarding approaching the consumer court. Do I have to hire a lawyer?

[/quote]

They do,court the other day asked ptcl to pay 60 000 or something to a consumer…

simply get a new connection thats i did

One of my phone was dead for almost 3 months then a dumper truck passed through our street the phone line got tangled and the truck pulled the whole phone line. now for almost 3.5 months line is dead and wire gone too. countless times i have complained,initially line man didn't show up , then after 5th or 6th complain line man showed up and i had to tell him again the phone wire is missing(although i had specifically complained about phone wire at telephone exchange as well) . Line man left saying that he'll return next day with wire. Next day i am out for work,back at home lineman comes , asks my chowkidar to call me as new line would cost money. chowkidar tells him that am out for work and will come late,so if lineman want he can install the wire.but Lineman leaves without saying a word. Since that day i have complained several times more at the PTCL customer service center at our exchange and have even asked him how much money should i pay lineman for installing the wire(they said None). Still i handed over Rs Rs200 to my chowkidar to get the work done. To this day the lineman never came back and phone still remains dead.

Do you want to try what this guy did?

http://telecompk.net/2008/11/03/the-complaint-exaggerated/

My phone is dead for 12 days till today. Registered complaints 3 times, but in vain.

Do you want to try what this guy did?

http://telecompk.net/2008/11/03/the-complaint-exaggerated/

[/quote]

LOL i fear that lineman union will attack my house . Is the new privatized PTCL really that powerless against these good for nothing linemans ?