PTCL or LDN, Please Suggest

I have just got my new ptcl land line. Now after i have the line installed, PTCL is saying that my house is at 7km distance from exchange and they cannot provide dsl services.

I have contacted LDN person and he told me they can provide services. Please suggest that should i go for LDN or force PTCL to install???

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have just got my new ptcl land line. Now after i have the line installed, PTCL is saying that my house is at 7km distance from exchange and they cannot provide dsl services.

I have contacted LDN person and he told me they can provide services. Please suggest that should i go for LDN or force PTCL to install???

[/quote]

which is your are and location … adn 2ndly if PTCL has rejected you then your ultimate choice is LDN :)

which is your are and location … adn 2ndly if PTCL has rejected you then your ultimate choice is LDN :)

[/quote]

my area is Walton road lahore cantt. Cantt exchange. 668 series no.

my area is Walton road lahore cantt. Cantt exchange. 668 series no.

[/quote]

yeah its a long distance area , LDN provide reach modem , PTCL dont offer reach modems ( reach DSL reachnology ) you can take more info by calling 111-600-111

Honestly Speaking

LDN is worth what u pay...

get a 2mbps LDN

there are too many 1mbps users of LDN thats y 1mbps users face probs..

i am satisfied with LDN

I need a student dsl package

but in faisalabad jaranwala road near bijli ghar

peoples calony exchange

do not provide me dsl 1mb package

plz say it and provide me a dsl package

i realy thankful to you

yeah its a long distance area , LDN provide reach modem , PTCL dont offer reach modems ( reach DSL reachnology ) you can take more info by calling 111-600-111

[/quote]

thanx DJ…just clarify one thing, the sales guy told me there are separate ports for student and standard package. student pkg ports are shared at higher ratio and standard at lower ratio. so get standard pkg for first month and then convert to student…

Also do let me know if it is better to go for 2mb standard in the start and then convert to student or remain with 1mb standard and then convert to student…

LOL

i dont think that kind of thing that student pakcg are shared at more ratio

man sharing ratio is same for all...

as i told ya 1mbps MAY suck...

LOL

i dont think that kind of thing that student pakcg are shared at more ratio

man sharing ratio is same for all…

as i told ya 1mbps MAY suck…

[/quote]

yeah x2

well i have asked the sales guy to change my 1mb standard pkg to 2mb student pkg............lets see how that goes...

^ you can get even more discount (even with LDN student package) by referring your friends to get LDN as well...I got a month's compensation for referring two friends to get the service :P

[/quote]

Go for LDN it much better than ptcl. I Have used both there is a hell of difference between the two. In 3 months I only called LDN once and for PTCL I have even called them for 3 days but without any solution.

They transfer to their elders and that takes atleast 15 min or 5 Rs. PTCL’s fibre optic is even worse it goes off if there is no electricity!

LDN call centre is also better.

LDN modem is also better than PTCL, you can connect using both USB or ethernet. I will post a picture of both. Even can detect whether Internet is up or not which you can’t do on PTCL 's modem.

Used both 2mb and 1mb for PTCL and LDN’s 512kb LDN 512KB was much better.

now it’s also has been upgraded to 1mb.

^

i dont agree

if LDN is best

then PTCL is better than best..

^

i dont agree

if LDN is best

then PTCL is better than best…

[/quote]

Yeah i Can see that why you using LDN :)

Yeah i Can see that why you using LDN :)

[/quote]

lol

man i have used both of them

so i can say that which one is better… :)

PTCL gives constant download speeds and low pings but LDN has variation in download speed and a bit high ping…

but still LDN is worth what u pay…

PTCL is best if you know how to tackle the problemx u'll face on PTCL DSL.........because wheneva u have a problem u hav to go to CS and PTCL CS suxx...so if u can DIY than PTCL is gud otherwise if u dont have enough knowledge go 4 LDN :P

yeah as far speed is concern i agree :) but speed is not only thing when you decide to get service most of people switch from ptcl to LDN the main reason is the CS :) ... anyways both have + and - points :)

PTCL is good but its customer support is horrible.You will start crying.

I agree, as far as speed is concerned PTCL is best. But in customer services LINKdotNET is better than PTCL.

both r gud :D