PTCL offers new package for fixed line subscribers

ISLAMABAD, Jun 30 (APP): The Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has announced a new improved local call tariff for its fixed line subscribers commencing from Tuesday. The new tariff is aimed at providing the subscribers the convenience of communicating at affordable rates, said a news release of PTCL on Monday.

PTCL has decided to provide an additional concession through the new tariff by giving its subscribers more talk time for less money, the news release claimed.

The local call tariff of Rs. 2 for two minutes has been changed to Rs. 2 for three minutes. This has been coupled with promotion that started on June 01, 2008 through which PTCL subscribers are already enjoying seven hours of nationwide talk time free of cost from 11 pm to 6 am.

“The new improved tariff provides more time in addition to more choices and better connectivity to PTCL subscribers,” said Dr. Sadik Al-Jadir, SEVP (Commercial). “Our aim is to provide the maximum benefit to the public while keeping the cost as friendly as possible,” he added.

The SEVP went on to add that PTCL is one of the best service provider in the Telecom sector and has created special cells to address customer concerns.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The SEVP went on to add that PTCL is one of the best service provider in the Telecom sector
[/quote]

and there you have it folks, the pure unadulterated truth from the most unbiased source possible :P

has created special cells to address customer concerns.
[/quote]

A revolutionary step! May all telecos, nay all business around the world learn from this pioneering idea of PTCL… :D

but seriously, a good step, hope there’s no catch :)

What is new package detail and what is source?

APP is the source. The new package is only for the local calls made, Rs.2 per 3 minutes (from Rs.2 per 2 minutes)

Rs 2 per 3 min.. wohoo.. i can die a happy man now :D

not at all a good offer!!!!

just remeber the days when u had to pay only 3 rupees for one call irrespective of time(so far i remember)!!!

I am myself not in the favour of this oppurtunity because then people start misusing the fecility.....

however,PTCL must charge 2R.s for 5 minutes at least!!!!!

not at all a good offer!!!

just remeber the days when u had to pay only 3 rupees for one call irrespective of time(so far i remember)!!!

I am myself not in the favour of this oppurtunity because then people start misusing the fecility…

however,PTCL must charge 2R.s for 5 minutes at least!!!

[/quote]

thats still too high it shud be free ;)

man ptcl used to charge 2.01/5mins in recent past

but now petrol mehnga hoo gaya hai

bilkul sahi Shoukat and u know calls ne "travel" karna hota ;) , karachi lahore Islamabad sometimes quetta peshawar so many places

petrol mehnga ho gaya hai :)

hahaha....

just think if PTCL had not retracted from their announcement that they will charge more 15%tax on bills passing the 1000R.s!!!

problem!!!

I have disconnected my PTCL land line :D I am feeling very comfortable now :D

[/quote]

Oh man that must be a feeling of great satisfaction!

[/quote]

So, what telephone connection you using other than gsm

as-a-matter-of-fact,many people have preffered to get their landlines disconnected..because mobiles have become the order of the day and I personally think that one needs to have only 2 minutes for a meaningful talk other than the rubbish and the mobile is best for it!!!!

reduce the utilities in this hour of severe price-hike!!:|

So, what telephone connection you using other than gsm

[/quote]

I am using zong gprs for reading emails and surfing internet, can’t pay thousands of Rs for hidden charges to PTCL

the only reason ppl keep their lines anymore is becoz of dsl but with the new rates by mobilinks infinity service i think that will go away soon

ptcl as a entity should cease to exist, bring different companies into telecom sector so that you can take an account of different companies with various rates whichever is cheaper just like in cell phones where different account can be taken by inserting sims.

Ptcl local service and nationwide+international service should be auctioned off, that means that instead of just having the pakistan package we can have different company packages attached to our payment plans whichever is cheaper similar to usa.

if this happens it will be very good for consumer because it will bring competition for fixed line phones into the market..

U know before ptcl was sold of to Etisalat.. there was a plan to break up PTCL in many small comapnies like the baby bells in america... the plan was to give out different telecom regions to different companies..because at that time no one thought any company would be sane enought and letalone wealthy enough to buy PTCL out.