PTCL offers free internet service

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ISLAMABAD, Oct 10 (APP): Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has decided to offer free Internet service to all its customers, effective from October 18.

SEVP Commercial, Dr Sadik Al-Jadir stated,” With this perspective, PTCL, the largest IP service provider in Pakistan now brings a revolutionary offer for all its landline subscribers which is unmatched anywhere in the world.

He said “we strive to create value for our customers We put value creation first and pursue it with a passion to achieve excellence and facilitate our customers”. Effective from October 18, all landline subscribers will have dial-up internet services free of charge, he added.

He said that all PTCL landline subscribers can now experience the best dial up speeds with unlimited internet usage during night hours from 10:00 pm to 07:00 am. Furthermore subscribers can also avail up to 100 hours of free dialup internet on monthly basis from 0:700 am to 10:00 pm every day.

In order to access the internet subscriber can simply dial 131-77777 with “ptcl” as login and password, he added.

From October 18, PTCL customers availing unlimited dial up internet package of Rs. 199/month will not be charged anymore, however, customer exceeding 100 hr of free internet during day time will be charged as per existing tariff of PTCL dial up internet at Rs. 6/h, he said.

He said, in addition, PTCL is also shifting customers of value plus (Rs. 75/month for 20 hrs of dial up internet) to basic plus which has no additional charges effective from November 1.

Dr. Sadik also added, “We at PTCL can do this since we have the best IP network infrastructure and the associated international internet connectivity capable of supporting a very large user base. Hence serving the aspirations of Pakistan to join the leading countries of the world in internet penetration and usage”

PTCL will also be replacing our existing promotional offers with new offers on regular basis to create more value for customers. In this connection, this Free Internet offer has replaced our limited time (3 months) free local calls promotion allowing free local calls between 11 pm to 6 am which has ended in October, he added.

The Half Rate Sundays’ promotion is another value addition to the PTCL landline which offers half rates on all local, nationwide and mobile calls made on Sundays. This promotion is effective from October 5, he said.

Dr, Sadik stated that ‘PTCL continues to strive to serve our customers better by creating value and shall soon be marketing more innovative and attractive products and offers in the future’.

[/quote]

Source:

http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55301&Itemid=2

good new....

but dial up on ptcl

Other dialup providing companies would be eager to kill PTCL.

I saw such ad in khabrain newspaper on eid day or 1 day b4 eid but no details regarding free hours was given(then it was given dat it z totaly free).I wrote about dis ofer in anothr thread ptcl dial up?In begining i used it much for2-3days but wen i saw dat no updates on ptcl website or anyothr source then i stopd using it but good now dat u hav confirmd it w/ source but here it says from 18oct. So wil i pay 4dat i used in eid days?How can i believe ptcl if they r giving ad on eid day dat service z free from now on(eid day) but now they saying it wil start from 18oct.

huh their dialup su.x as bad as .... The worst thing in this world suk

beleive me...

It has service like a wave form

on it peak for 5 seconds then stops sudenly to 0 then comes back after a minute

u cant downlod any thing due to these ups and downs cuz usualy it gives conection time out eror...

I wud never like to destroy a 2.50rs cal for their bitcchy dial up

and as far as other dial companies r concernd nothing is gona hapen to their sales cuz they knw they are giving far more nice dialup than ptcl and

now when the whole nation wil b screwing the ptcl's free dial up azz i consider a person who opens google.con on such a service the most luckiest person in world

after using high speed internet, dialup will not attract users. We may use for just check email in case of urgency or good for chat only and text basis website.

Most of the people are still using dialup,they aren't familiar to high speed internet & I have seen few people giving out 900 Rs for 1 month unlimited dialup connection :D hehe

nice step

they will suddenly remove this package without notifying customers (like they did with night free package) and earn a lot of money

they will suddenly remove this package without notifying customers (like they did with night free package) and earn a lot of money
[/quote]

Last time they added “Pakistan package” to all subscribers by default without their consent and this time they will remove the free internet package without giving prior notice & will suck the customers blood to their fill.

Will they be charnging another local call after each 15 minutes....???

^

only 1 local cal per conect

not per 15 min

but ptcl dial up disconects after every 10 minutes so no mater they charge for 15 min cal or unlimitd cal

The header is misleading. Where's the FREE in this ?:

From October 18, PTCL customers availing unlimited dial up internet package of Rs. 199/month will not be charged anymore...
[/quote]

If you are already paying for a PTCL Internet

package, to the tune of Rs. 199/month, only

then can you avail these free internet hours.

PTCL figures that there are enough desperate

hungry dial-up users out there, who will buy

into the Rs. 199/- package, to offset any loss

in profit that they might incur with these "free"

internet hours.

I believe they have researched it well. Exactly

how many dial-up users will be using internet

during peak hours, or late-at-night and where

they need to set their limits to get max. profit.

Cut the fancy ad words and all it is, is a scam.

Sheikh 'There Aint No Free Lunch' Chilli

Its a positive step, atleast Ptcl is coming up with new promotions every month or so.

[/quote]

Yes this might be happen

[/quote]

I believe the consumer in Pakistan needs to be protected a bit more from these companies that do things like these… Its not fair, its also what I may call Highway Robbery changing your rules without informing the people that effect it the most… There’s literally nothing the customer can do to protest…

^Actually there are consumers courts in Punjab and PTCL recently got some spanking from them (for some other matters) but man it isn't always possible for the consumer to file a case in these consumer courts In pakistan when people are having difficulties earning their bread who will go running after these companies? it's PTA's job but they aren't doing it!

^

only 1 local cal per conect

not per 15 min

but ptcl dial up disconects after every 10 minutes so no mater they charge for 15 min cal or unlimitd cal

[/quote]

It disconnects after every ten minutes ?

The header is misleading. Where’s the FREE in this ?:

If you are already paying for a PTCL Internet

package, to the tune of Rs. 199/month, only

then
can you avail these free internet hours.

PTCL figures that there are enough desperate

hungry dial-up users out there, who will buy

into the Rs. 199/- package, to offset any loss

in profit that they might incur with these "free"

internet hours.

I believe they have researched it well. Exactly

how many dial-up users will be using internet

during peak hours, or late-at-night and where

they need to set their limits to get max. profit.

Cut the fancy ad words and all it is, is a scam.

Sheikh ‘There Aint No Free Lunch’ Chilli

[/quote]

so it means ptcl is charging 199 ?

Check this:

http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentp.php?NID=188

and this:

http://www.ptcl.com.pk/pressrelease.php?id=96