Ptcl new bills

i recieved new ptcl bill for my conection of this month.

there is no itemized details for nwd calls mobile calls on this bill further it is writen to visit css of ptcl to view itemzied bill.what is this new **** of ptcl............?

cost cutting?

hah yah paper and printing bachat i guess.

But PTCL is making a lot of profit already, why would they save money this way?

Uhh... it's saving paper.

Read their press releases; you'll know what I'm talking about.

They should put it up real-time, online.

Sheikh 'E-Bachat' Chilli

If they are saving paper by not printing details then they should put details on their web-site.

Some years ago, WAPDA did tried putting bills online but somehow that system is sometime lagging behind even the delivery of bill.

May b they are all of a sudden environment friendly by using less paper :P

I agree that they should post bill details online, so that they can't do fraud.

it will take time for ptcl to make such online details (History)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

it will take time for ptcl to make such online details (History)
[/quote]

The data is already in computer database (from which they print bills). How much time they need to create a front-end in their web-site? Couple of weeks, a month on top.

There is nothing fancy in it. Just put the details. We don’t want fancy graphics and flash animations. Just plain text written in columns is enough.

The data is already in computer database (from which they print bills). How much time they need to create a front-end in their web-site? Couple of weeks, a month on top.

There is nothing fancy in it. Just put the details. We don’t want fancy graphics and flash animations. Just plain text written in columns is enough.

[/quote]

If the database is in MS SQL, it just need a drag and drop and a lil editing on an asp page to get the job done. No big deal, it can be made in day, if they want to make it in a day :P

or maybe they just don't want to reveal the nationwide or mobile call's details to the users like they do with local calls

I did'nt receive my PTCL bill of this month and they blocked my out going call with out any notification :)

I got the bill today - and even though we don't have much nationwide usage, they didn't print all out-of-station calls.

I wonder why, even though we got the bill on two sheets... :/

dear freinds

i have just registered a complaint to pta about this act of ptcl and they have forwarded my complaint to ptcl concern dept,kindly you to all subit compalint about this act and also i have requested them to bond the ptcl that they should also give the deatils of local calls.as they only give the no of calls.

or maybe they just don’t want to reveal the nationwide or mobile call’s details to the users like they do with local calls
[/quote]

I agree… PTCL is one big fraud company. U get charged 4 the calls what u haven’t actually made.

They don’t bother to list ur call history in monthly bills. :confused:

Once i was shocked to look at the bill that stated, Rs.800 were due that month, while my phone line was dead for that whole month. I regularly used 2 complain them regarding the status of my phone line but all in vain and it took more than a month b4 my phone line was restored back to working state. Still they were confident enough to charge me Rs.800 4 that month…WTF!!!

The bottom line is that PTCL is real bulls**t…

i agree with SC... it should be put online so that we can monitor our calls... i SURE don't trust PTCL.

the bill are still being printed on two pages and the only thing missing being the off station calls record and then ptcl sending people letters through tcs proves that it was a drama done only to hide the off station calls record from the customers and not to save papers becuase those letters they send also require paper

Yes i still got a 2 page bill. There is no paper saving this way. However i found the paper quality degraded w.r.t. last month.

I have seen bills having more than 10 pages call list. They sure did save some money this way.

About the fraud thing. I think you should activate the password security that is provided by PTCL so that no other person can hook your line and call abroad.