PTCL lottery scam for plot in gwadar

I just received a call on my PTCL landline number, the guy was saying the owner of this phone number is selected by prime builders for allotment of a 120 yards plot in gwadar. Their office is in gulshan-e-iqbal and they require someone to come and claim the price today by 11:00 am. My house is rented and the PTCL bills come in the name of a person previously living here. This lottery guy was mentioning his name that he should come and claim the plot.

I told him that this person does not live here anymore and was going to hang up immediately but he told that the number is selected and whoever is paying the bills for this phone number is eligible to claim the lottery prize i.e. the plot. I told him OK then what do I do next? He gave a number and asked to call back and was constantly trying to get more information like who will call back and who will come, whats his name, where is he now, when he will be back, when he will call back etc. etc. I didnt answer any of these, I just told him that someone would call on your given number and talk and then he will come to claim the plot as asked by you. He said that someone must call back within 5-10 minutes otherwise there is some code which will be lost or whatever.

Anyways I received similar calls on my VPTCL and Ufone numbers where they were telling that my number has been selected for lottery for a prize money of 5 lac/10 lac. And this one seems a newer form of the lottery scam.

Anyone out there received such calls for money or plot or car or anything else? Want to make sure that its a scam (infact you want to believe this prize thing to be true sometimes ;)) and also let anyone know who hasnt received such calls already.

Report to PTA and PTCL.

I got the offender's number blocked when someone was making these scam calls to me.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Report to PTA and PTCL.

I got the offender’s number blocked when someone was making these scam calls to me.

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion. I will act on that definitely.

Just to let others know, the number given by the caller is 5480590.

well i dont know about PTCL thing but i red in the newspaper on the other day that there are many scams like this going all over the country and people end up loosing 5 to 50K in these kind of scams, So, BEWARE.

i also got such a call few months back like

you have won 5 lakh rs now you will have to submit company fee of rs 500 in form of cards ...lolz

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i also got such a call few months back like

you have won 5 lakh rs now you will have to submit company fee of rs 500 in form of cards …lolz

[/quote]

cards … lol

Hurray! I won plot in Gawadar, a new Honda, a microwave oven, a motorcycle and Suzuki car by just giving "processing" fee of few thousands :P Now I am a millionaire by just giving few thousands in cards :P

"Pakistan. World leader in corruption and fraud. We are proud of it." In cinema near you ;)

I got the same call on my mobile... but not with card story.. just asking the CNIC number, I told him that I am reporting you. He said your SIM will be blocked. Conversation ENDS!!!!