PTCL / LINKdotNET Down ? No Browsing at all?

still down

it down at my end too

i,m using shiro

My connection is down for the last day morning, i m now using dial up........lol

Nobody received my call at 1218..........anybody know what really the problem is....?

By the way i m from sargodha.

i dont have a problem but my friend have the exact same problem since noon yesterday and he called help line and they said it'll be fixed in couple of hours, it wasn't fixed till last night (i dont know about today). PTCL lady told him that its due to maintenance. my browsing is slow as well and can't watch youtube videos without a lot of buffering and downloading speed is very low too.

here the dsl lite is dead, it duznt blink or anything, using dialup for this post :@

i called ptcl and they said some virus has infected there system

and im in i-10 islamabad and im on copper

It's not the only one PTCL affected. Link Dot Net is also affected from yesterday. Their CSR's also told me, virus problem on network.

After 5 or 10 minutes, browsing stops.

Some times downloading remains but most of the time it also get affected.

All the lights on my paradyne router are still, so no problem in line.

I think its because of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conficker worm

^has it affected or not?

No newspaper showing about this attack in pakistan.

The CDR was telling me to see in Jang newspaper about the attack.

Its working fine at my end. Thank God.

i am not on ptcl dsl but i am on ptcl evdo and my internet is working fine

My net is again on track (LDN)

May be because I have installed that patch of microsoft for this virus, mentioned by DJ NOMI.

I restarted the system and now its working fine from last one and a half hour.

if it is a virus..the problem is on our end or ptcl's?

May be on both ends. But first check your own computer before blaming them. Although mine PC didn't found any virus but now after installing that patch it get to track again.

May be LDN could also have sort out things again.

443021593.png

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

May be on both ends. But first check your own computer before blaming them. Although mine PC didn’t found any virus but now after installing that patch it get to track again.

May be LDN could also have sort out things again.

443021593.png

[/quote]

well yeah its looks the virus issue :) thats why i was unable to browse PTCL too

all hail the virus coders

i am using ptcl dsl on my coper wire in Gujranwala and i am facing this problem last 4 days. call to my exchange so many times but phone is always busy or not attended. 1218 is also onhold, last night i reset my shero modem, now no one tell me the new setting of my dsl modem. i must say that the poorest staff of ptcl without any technical know how.

ok guys good news is that My cousin in Multan road using ONU upgraded from 512 to 1Mbps .

and me using 1M in Mustafa town exchange upgraded to 2M today and browsing is normal now ..

al those people are facing no browsing issue , either he is using PTCL or LDn , kindly tick his Firewall box in existing account and after saving the setting restart your modem your browsing will be fine.

I had the same problem starting from 7 PM yesterday, no browsing or after some restarts browsing for 10-15 seconds only. I called ptcl and they told me its a virus and I should use a dial up to get a patch from microsoft site. So I took out my dusty modem and plugged it in. After 4 hours(yes 4 hours) of trying to connect and then visiting the specified microsoft page to get the patch I found out its an old update relaesed in 2007 while I was running XP SP3. But still I downloaded the patch which was useless as the installer gave me a message that I don't need this patch.

So I called ptcl again and told them all this, the person on the other end then told me to delete my current account via the modem interface and create a new connection. After that Everything went well. But one thing I don't get is that my system was never infected in the first place so why I faced this problem??my system was already patched so whats really going on? Ptcl says its a virus but I don't think so or even if its is true then its at ptcl end, their systems are infected or whatever because my system never was infected.

Anyway try to recreate your connection, it might help.

@ adiel simply just follow my instructions what you can see in the image above your problem will be solve with even any patch

DJ NOMI bro if you could also write the settings for PARADYNE 6381 for LDN.