PTCL / LINKdotNET Down ? No Browsing at all?

any body facing this issue .. i am in MUSTAFA TOWN lahore PTCL line is getting sync but on restarting of modem net is working only for 10 minutes and then browsing is stuck. i confirmend from some of my friends using PTCL they are also facing the same issue .

so some one else facing the problem kindly confirm or its me only ?? [ btw currently i am using LDN]

all those facing browsing issue on [PTCL and LINKdotNTE]

Details

Confiker worm removal

Nope its fine & smooth,perhaps your area exchange is down :|

i have the same problem, now i am using dialup for this post.

same problem here..DHA lahore

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i have the same problem, now i am using dialup for this post.
[/quote]

please all of you those are facing tell about your exchanges area and city too ?

I am from Johar Town and am facing similar problem on my both copper and ONU line. internet works for few seconds (usually less than 20 sec) and then stops working. I tried complaining at 1218 but no one picked up telephone for ~30min, so i recorded my complaint. I haven't heard back from PTCL. This problem started around 7.30am, at first i thought my ONU connection was finally being upgraded (because my synch rate changed and now it is synching at proper new package speed). Disconnecting and reconnecting from within "Web Manger" does not work either. Internet only works for 10 or 20sec if i break connection to exchange (restart router or remove telephone wire for few sec). I tried complaining at my exchange but as usual DSL officer was not there (he is always in the field, is this normal ?). 1218 also seems to be down for last few hrs.

this is exactly the reason why i am hesitant to switch to PTCL regardless of their rates.

any body facing this issue … i am in MUSTAFA TOWN lahore PTCL line is getting sync but on restarting of modem net is working only for 10 minutes and then browsing is stuck. i confirmend from some of my friends using PTCL they are also facing the same issue .

so some one else facing the problem kindly confirm or its me only ?? [ btw currently i am using LDN]

[/quote]

Yeh Me facing same problem from 7pm Multan Road Exchange…

but now i have changed my shiro modem with the pyradine and now internet is working fine…

Tried to contact 1218 but no one picked my call … and their ******* recording tape… …i am sick of it… :(

is this problem occuring only with people who havew not been upgraded??...coz ive not been upgraded yet!

well one of my cousin is also from MULTAN Rd , and he is ONU , he is also facing the same net issue. no browsing

1 Virus is comming to every broadband. if you want to get save from that just download this patch from microsoft website. "KB921883" and download nod 32 antivirus with latest update. thanks

1 Virus is comming to every broadband. if you want to get save from that just download this patch from microsoft website. “KB921883” and download nod 32 antivirus with latest update. thanks
[/quote]

Its April fool my friend :) so dont worry there is no virus like thing . if virus is the case then it should not only effect PTCL :)

Same here in North Nazimabad karachi. No browsing at all since morning. I called 1218 but no one is picking up the phone. I think there might be some major issue with ptcl and they have not trace it yet. Lets see when they resume their service back.

thanks god ... i switched over to EVDO Wrdcll

as per my observation all users on ONU are facing browsing issue

im on copper

browsing is workin fine here ... Airport exchange :D

so any update guys ???

this is exactly the reason why i am hesitant to switch to PTCL regardless of their rates.
[/quote]

What are you using right now? As for PTCL - when it works, it works like awesome, using since September 08 and the only down time or slow speeds I faced was when PTCL’s main connection to outside world had problems.

so any update guys ???
[/quote]

Did you talk to your local exchange?