Ptcl - Line stats help

Hello. I have recently upgraded my internet package from 4mbps to 12mbps. My speedtest results constantly fluctuate between 0.5mbps to 10mbps with pings ranging from 20 to 1000ms. These results often change within secs of taking the last test. the ptcl server usually shows the best results while other local servers on speed test show high pings and much lower speed.

I often experience lags while gaming and streaming on youtube and netflix aswell as erractic dwnld speed fluctuations on torrents. I am posting my line stats so you guys can guide me on how to fix them. i think the snr values are fine but line attenuation is high. I need your opinions on the state of my line and what can be done to fix it.

Screenshot_2016-01-20-19-56-41.png

Your SNR margin is very low. Are you on copper?

No. They upgraded it to fibre a while back. I thought if the SNR is above 50 then it's fine. The line attenuation seems very high though. What do you think i should do to get line stats back to normal?

Beware of the units of measurement. Down/Up SNR margin is 13.2/6.7 and attenuation is 10.5/8.0 as shown in image above.

Ah. So you need to divide it by 100 then?

[quote=“Syed_Usman_Hussain, post:5, topic:22504”]

Ah. So you need to divide it by 100 then?

[/quote]

Divide by 10.

Thanks. Could you guide me as to what can be done to improve my noise margin?

[quote=“Syed_Usman_Hussain, post:7, topic:22504”]

Thanks. Could you guide me as to what can be done to improve my noise margin?

[/quote]

Mke sure all connections/joints in your premises are good and so are cables.

Your current stats are fine, snr and attenuation, both are fine.

Your line stats are one of the best ive seen so dont worry.

your attainable rate is 24 mb which is great.